Too many devices in my account? — TomTom Community

Too many devices in my account?

bigalx58bigalx58 Posts: 8 [Master Explorer]
I have 3 devices (GO1000, Start 62, Start 42) listed in My Drive account. Is this a problem? If so, how can I delete the devices that I do not have/use?
Thanks.

Comments

• NiallNiall Posts: 10,950
    Superuser
    @bigalx58

Do not worry, MyDrive Connect (MDC) alows up to 10 devices to be registered to the same Email/Password combinations.
    Within MDC when you select "My Devices" from the list, select your redundant device, and click on the grey dustbin to delete it from your account.
  • bigalx58bigalx58 Posts: 8 [Master Explorer]
    Thanks for your quick reply. I cannot find any "dustbin" icon. I am using Windows 10. But, if having 3 devices on my account will not effect my account, I won't worry about it. :)
    Superuser
    @bigalx58

In MDC "MyDevice" tab > "MyDevices" should produce something like this:-
    higu5u7qyc5b.jpg
    I get a "Details" button and no other button.
    Superuser
    edited May 2019
    @bigalx58

You get the previous screen by clicking on "My Devices" from this screen:-bb9warc2j21s.jpg
    Sorry, but I don't have "My Device"..... instead it's "My Product"...I suppose that shouldn't make any difference, but there still isn't any delete button. Perhaps I should just leave this alone if it doesn't effect my account's functioning?
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 19,615
    Superusers
    Hi
    @bigalx58

Click on the 'MyDevices' you have circled... To go back a page....

ATB YFM
    Sorry...I am very confused and frustrated...not getting anywhere...:(
    Don't know what to do with the last instructions.
  • LAURE123LAURE123 Posts: 1,632
    Superuser
    Hi all

@bigalx58

I think there is confusion between the MyDrive Connect software (MDC) installed on your PC and your TomTom user account which is a Web page.

You must use MDC not the Web page, the software on your PC, the one you use to update your devices.

With your devices Not connected to the PC, open the MDC software, enter your email and password and follow the pictures below.
    6itclquztdyu.png
    4y4wx9sdkjyk.png

Regards.
    I log into TomTomMyDrive.>click my account icon to get account settings>next page gives me a choice of MyDrive or Tomtom sports...I choose My Drive>the next page shows me the 3 listed devices...G1000, Start62 and Start 42. I want to keep Start 42
    At no time do I see the term My Device/s, only My Products. No devices are connected to the computer. Should I delete My Drive and open an account....but I will be using the same email address and I have a feeling that the same 3 devices will show up again...
    The problem has been solved!! :) I downloaded MDC again and there I saw the screens that people have been showing me. The delete buttons were visible and I was able to delete the unwanted devices! I don't know what was downloaded before...
    Thanks to all for taking the time to help me...I appreciate it very much!:)
  • LAURE123LAURE123 Posts: 1,632
    Superuser
    Hi @bigalx58

Thanks for your feedback. :)
    Glad for you that you have succeeded.

Regards.