TOMTOM Rider 550 Welcome Screen Password — TomTom Community

TOMTOM Rider 550 Welcome Screen Password

tvieiratvieira Posts: 6 [Apprentice Traveler]
Hi

Is there a way to set a password to unlock TOMTOM 550? When I left on my motorcycle it can be accessed and reveal my Home Address, Recent Destinations... My TOMTOM ONE XL had this feature.

Regards
TV

Answers

• Ste7iosSte7ios Posts: 758
    Superuser
    No there isn’t...
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 7,998
    Superuser
    Hi @tvieira

Re finding your Home address. It is recommended that you do not put your actual home address into a satnav but some random position . Mine is about a mile from where I live.

Doug
  • tvieiratvieira Posts: 6 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Guys... where can we put this as a recommendation / suggestion to TOMTOM to include on a future update? My 12y old TOMTOM has this feature.

Tiago
  • basixbasix Posts: 486
    Superuser
    quoting myself, August 2015

https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1030716#Comment_1030716
    I also find it a bit problematic that the device itself has no pin code protection or whatsoever. E.g. while you're having a drink at a gas station, you'd probably leave your tomtom secured with the anti-theft thingy on your bike. Anyone can turn on the tomtom and see what your home address is, or wherever you're navigating to. Call me paranoid, but some people have really nice bikes, and 'bike-jackers' are nothing new. An additional lock might seem annoying for some people, but with some kind of 'trusted device connected' mode it could unlock itself automatically when the headset and/or phone are connected. That should make it quite user friendly.
  • TigerRiderTigerRider Posts: 131 [Supreme Navigator]
    Yep. The TomTom developers live in a very simple and benign world which may also be flat from corner to corner.

My TT GO520 downloads my call history (just in case I want to repeat it) but then exposes the last couple of people I called. Could actually lead to a divorce.

Would also seem the management has blocked any good ideas from here getting to them meaning the kit never gets better only different with new features that don't quite work.

Also try changing the My-Drve account email without resetting the unit and loosing stuff. Over the years I've had a number of units all with their own account now moving to a single account.