Battery on the watch — TomTom Community

Battery on the watch

frapsipotfrapsipot Posts: 1 [Apprentice Seeker]
the watch indicates charged after few minutes of charging, but it is not really charged and it works only for a few hours! Can you help me?

Answers

• JordanCronin1608JordanCronin1608 Posts: 3 [Neophyte Traveler]
    Hey Frapsipot :)
    I’m pretty new to the sport watches but I’ll see if I can help!
    You can try 1 of two things:
    - Factory reset your watch to defaults. That could help with defaulting the battery settings back to normal. Normally, for laptops and phones, the most common cause of a battery telling you it’s full within only a few minutes is because of prolonged use, it’s nothing to worry about. To factory reset your watch, use the TomTom desktop app. Click the cog in the top right and follow through the steps to reset your watch 👍
    - Try and charge it for 3-4 hours and see how long it lasts. If it lasts the same amount of time as it does when it tells you within the few minutes of it being charged, then the charging mechanism inside is busted. This means you will most likely have to get it fixed or replace it with a model of your choice.
    That’s the only suggestions I have at this point, I’ll do a bit more research and get back to you on this!!!
    Kind Regards
    Jordan :)
  • tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 15,787 Superusers
    If you search the forums you will find this is a known issue for many users with the recent updates. Try letting the battery fully drain and then do a factory reset and if that does not work go to this post and ask the moderator to roll back your firmware version to 1.3.255 which may fix it.

https://en.discussions.tomtom.com/spark-and-spark-3-runner-2-and-runner-3-473/unable-to-pair-sync-after-update-to-firmware-v1-7-53-runner-and-spark-watch-series-1030088
  • stevec993stevec993 Posts: 1 [New Traveler]
    my 2 year old spark 3 has gone completely dead and will not charge even when connected through the computer it is not damaged in any way as far as I can tell
  • tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 15,787 Superusers
    stevec993 wrote: »
    my 2 year old spark 3 has gone completely dead and will not charge even when connected through the computer it is not damaged in any way as far as I can tell

Try a factory reset, if that does not work request a rollback at the link above. If that does not work it means the battery is depleted and there is nothing that can be done.