Wrong GPS location. 0 satellites displayed

mocangmocang Posts: 1 [Apprentice Seeker]
I've got Megane III (1.5 Diesel) 2011. The navigator is Carminat TomTom. Suddenly, Carminat lost my position and now showing me away >100km from real location. Also, when I'm trying to navigate, it shows 0 satellites. I've tried to reset device (switch-off car, remove SD, reinsert SD, start the car). No result. By the way, after reset, Carminat shows satellites with green status, but after car restart (stop engine and then start), 0 satellites again. I don't really understand what is going on and what happened! Please help

Comments

• ChocolateMouseChocolateMouse Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I have this problem too, with Carminat TomTom in a Clio. I was driving along the motorway when suddenly the location changed (I only realised when the speed camera warning beeped). Apparently now I am in the middle of the sea. I've also tried resetting as mocang did. When I put the card into my laptop at first it recognised it but now, a couple of days later, it said it wasn't the card linked to my account so I had to create a new account with a different email address. I then did the whole update again (as I'd done previously before the deadline), but I'm still in the middle of the sea. I tried to buy an up-to-date map in the hope that this might solve the problem, but was unable to proceed to purchase, apparently because of a server problem. Could someone from TomTom please advise us? Thank you!
  • dhndhn Posts: 33,184 Superusers
    Support:

United Kingdom
    02079 490 132
    Monday - Friday: 9:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
  • ChocolateMouseChocolateMouse Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    The problem resolved itself when I drove away from where I was parked - all of a sudden the map showed me as being where I should be. Perhaps the signal wasn't as strong by the side of the house?
  • DolmarryDolmarry Posts: 1 [New Traveler]
    I'm having the same issues with my TomTom Carminat in a Renault Megane. My current position is apparently in a town about 5 miles away from where the car is parked! I thought I had registered the TomTom when I bought the car 4 years ago but apparently I didn't so I was unaware of the potential issues after 6th April. I registered and updated it 3 days ago to no avail. Then suddenly yesterday my position was correct again. Bingo! Well I thought it was :( Today it's gone wrong again and I can't see any way of getting this sorted. Any ideas anyone? It's driving me slight crazy!
  • MarcicamMarcicam Posts: 3 [Novice Seeker]
    The same with me now: 5 kms away from my actual location. No roads are correctly shown, I'm driving on "noroad". Reinstalled/updated my SD card today - , no changes. Understood there were some installation to the global system resets the clock co-ordinating satellites some weeks ago, might influence some older GSMs performance:
    https://www.connexionfrance.com/French-news/older-vehicle-gps-systems-in-france-may-need-upgrade-ahead-of-april-6-clock-reset-bug
    Checked my GSM serial: not affected. However, seems to be very much impacted in reality. Have red several comments, articles - no solution worked for me.
    I wonder what next: is there some professional reply AND remedy coming from TomTom side or we must buy just the new programmes?
    mocang wrote: »
    I've got Megane III (1.5 Diesel) 2011. The navigator is Carminat TomTom. Suddenly, Carminat lost my position and now showing me away >100km from real location. Also, when I'm trying to navigate, it shows 0 satellites. I've tried to reset device (switch-off car, remove SD, reinsert SD, start the car). No result. By the way, after reset, Carminat shows satellites with green status, but after car restart (stop engine and then start), 0 satellites again. I don't really understand what is going on and what happened! Please help

Have you refreshed the program? There were severe changes in the GPS satelite system in April. After up-date it should work again if your device is a supported one.
    Marcicam wrote: »
    The same with me now: 5 kms away from my actual location. No roads are correctly shown, I'm driving on "noroad". Reinstalled/updated my SD card today - , no changes. Understood there were some installation to the global system resets the clock co-ordinating satellites some weeks ago, might influence some older GSMs performance:
    https://www.connexionfrance.com/French-news/older-vehicle-gps-systems-in-france-may-need-upgrade-ahead-of-april-6-clock-reset-bug
    Checked my GSM serial: not affected. However, seems to be very much impacted in reality. Have red several comments, articles - no solution worked for me.
    I wonder what next: is there some professional reply AND remedy coming from TomTom side or we must buy just the new programmes?

UPDATE 03.May: Problem solved! I left home yesterday and my GPS found my correct position and could start to navigate. Hope it remains so. Obviously one need to take some distance after update and system will start to work.