New version of MyDrive Connect available for download! — TomTom Community

New version of MyDrive Connect available for download!

VikramKVikramK Posts: 7,991 TomTom Moderator
edited May 2 in MyDrive Connect
Hello all,

Today we have released a new update for MyDrive Connect application.

Versions are:

Windows 7 and above- 4.2.5.3770
Mac 10.10 and above- 4.2.5.3779

In this update:
  1. Nav3 users are not asked anymore to login. This is to facilitate those customers who still needs to update to the WNRO software updates.
  1. Customers will be forced to update first the Navcore update (both Nav3&Nav4 users).
  2. In MDC we will show a message that explains that the Navcore update must be installed first.

For Nav3 users the menu to login won’t be offered anymore>

69aq4xb00b7b.jpg

For Nav4 users will still need to login>

cttwoys7s0dk.png

If there is a Navcore update we will show the message “ YOU FIRST NEED TO INSTALL THE NAVCORE UPDATE. ONLY AFTER THAT YOU CAN SELECT MAPS AND SERVICES.

Regards
Vikram :)
Have a question? Ask!
Did a reply resolve your query, please mark it as answer!
Try the search; the information you are looking for could already be available.

Comments

• MRQ_SATNAV1MRQ_SATNAV1 Posts: 5 [Master Explorer]
    ...AND IT JUST DOESN'T WORK!

I have lifetime maps on my Go1000 - it tells me there is an updated map (Europe Zone 8 has been on the machine since new) - but that it won't fit now, and I should either free up space or download a smaller zone.

Id be happy to do the latter as I only really require UK/IE maps... But, as always with TomTom, that's never easy!

Attempting to remove items goes through the motions imposed by the idiotically-clumsy UI... Goes to a screen saying it's 'getting ready' and then a 'FAIL' screen (after about five minutes) with the message "Our servers are very busy right now" etc... There is no problem 'reconnecting' and going through the same whole farce again. But it fails EVERY time!

Attempting to select and other (smaller) zone - again through a stupidly-poor UI which fails to give feedback does precisely NOTHING... The 'continue' button does NOT move anything on...

It is therefore IMPOSSIBLE to update the device - which just wasn't the deal when it was purchased!

Updating TomTom devices has, historically been a nightmare (which is why I've moved most of my company's (over 20) machines over to your competitors! - Clumsy UI's updates that can take over 24 hours and typically took up to 12 until the last year or so... Now THIS!

It's a pity... The hardware is fine, very good in fact - just don't expect updating to be easy! and that's from a long-time TomTom customer... Which is why I now tell people to by something else!

• YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 14,977 Superusers
    edited May 3
    Hi Vikram

MyDrive Connect Windows 7 and above- 4.2.5.3770
    Installed Windows 10 without issue

Updated my NAV3 GO 825 Live....
    4 Updates without issue
    No login required....
    QuickFixGPS
    Mapshare
    Speed Cams Europe
    Safety Alerts Europe (2 Weeks Bonus)

Updated my NAV3 Via 120 Live....
    2 Updates without issue
    No login required....
    QuickFixGPS
    Speed Cams Europe

ATB YFM
    Help others identify useful content...
    If someone posted something that was helpful?
    Click the 'Like' > 👍 Icon

If someone answered your question?
    Please answer 'Yes' to Did this answer the question? 'Yes' < >' No'

I have de-installed all TomTom software, re-installed 4.2.5.3770 - Logged into it etc...

All issues as previously reported - although on one occasion it appeared to go through the process or removing content from my device; but didn't actually remove anything! - It then proceeded to cause the PC to lock up entirely.

Not that this would have helped, as the 'update' would still have been too big for the device and the screen which is supposed to facilitate the selection of a smaller map zone does nothing...

The issues are reproducible on another PC - including those of it locking up the machine.

Both are W10/64 machines with 4Gb of memory... Fairly standard office desktops.

Please provide a link to an earlier version f this software I can roll back to... MDC has always been TERRIBLE, but at least has 'sort of' worked; this latest atrocity is not fit for purpose.
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 7,991 TomTom Moderator
    @MRQ_SATNAV1

I have added a smaller map of your account.

Disconnect the device from the computer first. Perform a soft reset and connect it again.

Make sure the internet connectivity is fast and not blocked or interfered by any antivirus or firewall protection installed on your computer.

@spcdust

I posted an update yesterday about this:

https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1641281/#Comment_1641281

Regards
    Vikram
    Have a question? Ask!
    The internet connection i 43Meg at the wall! - which in previous iterations of MDC has seen updates take typically 12 hours to complete (slow servers at your end!) and anything up to 30!

--- I shall load this smaller map on the assumption it has the same lifetime update status as my originals - and will otherwise look forward to either the issues with MDC being resolved or a rollback to the last version of MDC being made available! - The issues are clearly reproducible across different machines; I wont be the only one with this problem!
    By way of information that might give some indication of the nature of the bug;

Getting MDC to remove all content from the device and add the smaller GB/ROI map worked...

Out of curiosity I them tried loading the EU map - which of course took me to the 'zone selection' screen... That remains poor because the UI does not provide sufficient user feedback (selection is not positive) - however with the previous zone 8 map removed from the device it seems to be allowing the installation of zone 1

I would not like to encourage anyone to risk bricking their satnav by first removing their old map - and there is no instruction to that effect let alone automatic routine (as there ought to be) to achieve this... But the experience tends to suggest that a unit with 'nearly full' storage is causing the zone selection routine to throw a wobbly!

Of course, it remains to be seen whether this actually works - as the second updte will probably take a a couple or few hours!

Hi
    @MRQ_SATNAV1

On the rare occasions that I have a problem with MyDrive Connect
    I Un-install MyDrive Connect using the Revo Uninstaller

Download & install the free version of Revo Uninstaller
    Revo first Un-installs the Program... Then scans and removes all of the left over files a normal Un-install leaves behind
    Here...https://www.revouninstaller.com/revo_uninstaller_free_download.html

(1)... Uninstall MyDrive Connect Using the Revo Uninstaller
    (2)... Clear your browsers cache (Optional, but I find it helps)
    (3)... Restart your PC (Not Turn Off & Turn On again)
    Reinstall MyDrive Connnect (Without your device connected)
    Connect & Turn on your device... Login to MyDrive Connect

ATB YFM

Just updated to the new version of MDC and was hoping that the link to displaying the users guide for my Rider 450 would finally work. Why is it so difficult to give working links on the software home screen? :s
    I do have the manual downloaded and stored on a different device, that's not the problem, but when working from within MDC it would be of an advantage to fix this link and make the manual available for quick access.

Hi @lesbak

Which version of Mac OS do you have?

Regards
    Vikram
    Have a question? Ask!
  • tristar64tristar64 Posts: 1 [New Seeker]
    I have the program installed - it simply does not function correctly!

I have de-installed all TomTom software, re-installed 4.2.5.3770 - Logged into it etc...

All issues as previously reported - although on one occasion it appeared to go through the process or removing content from my device; but didn't actually remove anything! - It then proceeded to cause the PC to lock up entirely.

Not that this would have helped, as the 'update' would still have been too big for the device and the screen which is supposed to facilitate the selection of a smaller map zone does nothing...

The issues are reproducible on another PC - including those of it locking up the machine.

Please provide a link to an earlier version f this software I can roll back to... MDC has always been TERRIBLE, but at least has 'sort of' worked; this latest atrocity is not fit for purpose.
    [/quo
    I have the program installed - it simply does not function correctly!

I had the same problem. Tried for 2days straight to update my device and each time I opened MyDrive Connect I was already logged in. Finally I logged out thinking I would un-install the program and re-install it but decided to click update just one more time and it updated and was finished within 5 minutes!. I stayed up till 4am trying to update while logged in. Now I will try logging out when the program gives me a problem for updating.
  • Michael_2013Michael_2013 Posts: 1 [New Traveler]
    After I connected with my device, I chose update the map. But after a while, I only see the sever busy notice. I tried several days, but I haven't gotten update yet.ds29bdf1z52e.png
    mt6l04kxdhw6.png

I get a message
    Rendering engine has crashed, do you to reload the page?
  • SmartCicioSmartCicio Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    the worst upgrade ever..
    MY problem start when the pop up says to me, to upgrade Smart media connect..
    Now it's impossible to use the software, I've reinstalled many and many times the app, but doesn't work, bot on Mac OS and Win.
    I contacted many times by phone the support, but it did not solve the problem.

I'm very disappontend with them..
  • ianlawianlaw Posts: 1 [New Seeker]
    I agree, this is the worst upgrade ever. My Tom Tom Start25 will not communicate with computer, I've been to customer services, NO help. Their advice........buy a new one. My son also has Tom Tom which now doesn't work. 2 devices, both not working. We are now using satnav on our iphones. Tom Tom disaster. Don't buy one
  • jakkermajakkerma Posts: 1 [New Seeker]
    Oh oh, what a shame...
    My old Garmin 250 updates each half year , its 10 years old now!
    And Garmin Express updates a couple of times a year..
    Folks, TomTom approaches the end of its lifetime!!
    edited July 29
    Hi
    @jakkerma

I feel for you, I had a Ga*m*n once for a month :'( that was three weeks to long... I retuned it to the shop and exchanged it under their 30 Day Customer satisfaction guarantee.... I was fed-up with the weird routing poor Traffic and garish screen

Swapped it for a Tomtom... Now my 8 various Tomtom devices update the Maps 4 Times per annum... Plus As required... QuickFixGPS + MapShare + Speed cams + Any NavCore updates... All Good rarely have a problem :)

ATB YFM

edited July 30
    Hi
    @odile1

What Tomtom Model do you own ???
    Copy & Paste from my reply to your other post...
    odile1 wrote: »
    the serial number that i have was not listed, it is supposed to start with two letter mine are SM, not in the list
    I see you are from the US
    Find the model of your navigation device and what software it uses
    Here... https://us.support.tomtom.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/9521/locale/en_US
    nm8om9n1thzn.jpg

ATB YFM