Revive GO6000

gmpservices_un27
gmpservices_un27 Registered Users Posts: 3
Neophyte Traveler
My GO6000 has been unused for six months (hospital) & was totally flat (no suprise!). Charged OK but didn't recognise map. Tried to add but "no room on device" Added new SD card (32GB SanDisc ultra), TomTom formatted it, added Europe map but device (choose another map) didn't ercognise it. Took the update offered & device bow shows "update failed, contact support"
Is the device ruined?

Best Answer

• VikramK
    VikramK Administrators Posts: 14,064
    Answer ✓
    Hi @gmpservices_un27

Welcome to the community!

I have added a smaller map of UK and ROI on your account.

Just remove the SD card, soft reset the device and connect it to MyDrive Connect.

The assigned map should be offered for download. Try installing it and let me know if it works.

You may be offered to remove the Europe map because of the space constraint.

The GO 6000 is still supported!

Regards
    VIkram

Answers

• VikramK
    VikramK Administrators Posts: 14,064
    Answer ✓
    Hi @gmpservices_un27

Welcome to the community!

I have added a smaller map of UK and ROI on your account.

Just remove the SD card, soft reset the device and connect it to MyDrive Connect.

The assigned map should be offered for download. Try installing it and let me know if it works.

You may be offered to remove the Europe map because of the space constraint.

The GO 6000 is still supported!

Regards
    VIkram
  • gmpservices_un27
    gmpservices_un27 Registered Users Posts: 3
    Neophyte Traveler
    Thanks Vikram, I've done as you said - drumroll reset & accept the offered mat which worked fine AND all my saved locations "my places" have come back!!
    Excellent!!!!