Find Alternative — TomTom Community

Find Alternative

ICMcDICMcD Posts: 12 [Master Explorer]
The old Tomtom mobile app had a “Find Alternative” option that allowed me to avoid entire areas, such as Paris. (My bucket list includes never attempting to navigate the lethal Paris ring-road.) Mobile Go has a vastly inferior version of that option and just seems to want me to avoid individual roads or very small areas, which is next to being useless. Is there any way of selecting large areas to avoid? As a general comment, may I say that Go Mobile is AWFUL in almost every respect, and I much preferred the previous app.

Answers

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 3,149 Superuser
    Hi @ICMcD

There is no option to avoid specific roads or areas. You can input waypoints to get it to use the Peripheric.

Doug
  • ICMcDICMcD Posts: 12 [Master Explorer]
    Thanks, but you’ve answered the opposite question to that which I asked!
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 3,149 Superuser
    Hi @ICMcD

Or use the waypoints to avoid the the Peripheric as well. Ie further out to pass through some towns or villages that avoid Paris all together.

Doug
  • ICMcDICMcD Posts: 12 [Master Explorer]
    Yes, that’s what I have to do. In fact I first use the old Tomtom app, which I retain on my ‘phone, to plot a route avoiding Paris completely, and I note from that where to put waypoints on the subsequent Tomtom Go route. But what a load of faffing about! Tomtom Go should have had the same facility, right from the start, as the older app had, without the need to devise one’s own route using waypoints.