New TomTom GO Navigation App (iOS)
Today, we're releasing this app update to all the users. During the update, you will receive a bonus of 1 month, a gift from us, and not charged to your account.
GO Mobile subscriptions will remain valid, but if you are not logged in to your MyDrive account, you will need to restore purchases to retrieve your subscription at the end of the one-month bonus.
Auto-renewing subscriptions will only start if you make a purchase in the iTunes Store.
MAPS A LA CARTE:
Customize your map by only downloading what you need with country- or regional-level maps. Select and download just what you need with world wide maps available for download, but in downloadable country or sub regions of ~300-500mb which lets you create your own custom map.
Quick map updates without having to download the entire map again. These small updates (couple mb’s) only replace what is new & delete the data, without needing to completely re-download the map.
MOVING LANE GUIDANCE
Avoid missing turns and last-second merges by zooming in on your lane and seeing all the action up ahead. Allows you to see the road ahead past the exit or junction, again helping to orientate and guide especially when multiple exits occur after another.
Few more things:
- You will be able to get this update in the near future, by following the upgrade flow within GO Mobile.
- GO Mobile subscriptions will remain valid following the update. In-app purchases, will become auto-renewing subscriptions.
- New subscribers can get either a 1-week or a 1-month unlimited km trial, before purchasing 1 of 3 subscriptions: £1.99 per month, £4.99 for 3 months, or £8.99 for 6 months.
- For Android, the app will be available later this year.
- The teaser does not mention it but the update includes support for Apple CarPlay.
Any questions? Please let us know!
Edit: Yesterday, we started rolling out TomTom GO Navigation to a small number of users. The rest will follow soon.