USA map- Reactivation of the map — TomTom Community

USA map- Reactivation of the map

Lake_p1peLake_p1pe Posts: 4 [New Seeker]
edited April 2019 in Map purchasing
I'm a newbie so I bought a USA map in 2014 for use in my GO 50. Really useful. I want to use it again and says it's now 'out of date'. I'm not worried about updating it, I'll use it anyway, but can I not now use it? Do I have purchase again?

Comments

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 3,989 Superuser
    edited April 2019
    Hi @lake_pipe

You can use the map as usual. It just will not know about some new roads or layouts etc.

I had a friend who followed me across Spain who had a very much more out of date map than you have on his Tomtom. He said he spent quite some time in the middle of fields. I suppose in your case it could be the Praire. =)=)
  • Lake_p1peLake_p1pe Posts: 4 [New Seeker]
    OK, thanks for the prompt reply. The map is not currently loaded on the device. Will it still let me move my Europe map off and the [out of date] USA back on? Ta!
    Hi @lake_pipe

I think you will be better to add some extra memory. Add a Micro SD Class 10 card and I suggest Sandisk, Samsung or similar major maker from a reliable source to avoid fakes. Some lesser known makes have been known to have problems.

The reason for this is that the Current European Map is too big to fit on the internal memory and so I assume if you have the Europe map on the internal memory it has not been updated for a while. If this is the case by fitting the new memory you can update the European map to it and then load the USA map onto the internal memory.

This has the benefit that you will have a map on your internal memory and so if you have any problem with the Extra memory or loading of the map there then the unit will have map to enable it to boot up.

Doug
    Sounds great, I'll give it whirl. I have a spare new Class 10 Sandisk at home. I'll plug the ol' girl in and see how we go. Thanks for your help. If it goes South, I'll update you if that's OK?
    Hi @Lake_p1pe

Forgot to say 16gb or max 32 gb will be needed for the current Full European Map which is circa 9gb..

Doug
    Noted! I think my spare is 32gb. Cheers!