Waiting for a valid GPS signal — TomTom Community

Waiting for a valid GPS signal

Hi,

My sat nav says "Waiting for a valid GPS signal", I have updated the software and maps and the sat nav is fully charged. I have also taken the device outside for a few minutes.

Please can you advise me what to do next.

Thanks, Helen

Answers

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 3,457 Superuser
    Hi @helen2k3333

When fully charged try a Soft Reset, ie with the unit working Hold the ON/OFF button down for about 20 seconds until you hear the Drumroll sound, then go outside clear of all buildings and trees etc. Create a route on the unit and set it as if you were about to drive off and then leave it to try and Lock on. This can take quite a while for the first time ie 30 minutes plus.

Doug
  • hillbilly123hillbilly123 Posts: 2 [New Traveler]
    exactly the same issue but I have updated my via135 and have also tried it outside but to no avail [ any ideas]
  • helen2k3333helen2k3333 Posts: 3 [New Seeker]
    Hi,

It didn't work, the GPS went on for 5 minutes, but then stopped again and hasn't picked it up in the last 2 hours of trying to deliver.

Any other ideas?

Thanks, Helen
  • John14_John14_ Posts: 1 [New Seeker]
    I have the same problem. It has been waiting for a valid GPS signal for a week now. I tried reset and manually resetting the clock but still waiting for a valid GPS signal. My model is a Go Live 825
  • MironMiron Posts: 1 [New Seeker]
    edited November 4
    Hello. GPRS disconnected from yesterday. THE ROUTE HAS TRACK. 2 YEARS I THOUGHT ABOUT BUYING TOMTOM BECAUSE VERY WAY.
  • BlaahBlaah Posts: 4 [Apprentice Traveler]
    My satnav worked on the fix - only if the car moved the gps was lost. Fix now not available any more. Can a new fix be put up?