Go Premium new model

Burnie1965
Burnie1965 Registered Users Posts: 5
Master Traveler
edited December 2021 in Devices using Wi-Fi®
Hi we are a group of 5 cars on a Honda s2000 tour and we would like to share locations between us all is this Poss?
Plus can I change the triangle symbol for a car or race car or any different symbols ? like the older sat navs and also change voice to a funny voice of some kind?

Answers

• Burnie1965
    Master Traveler
    loving the new holder its just the way it should be Ta.
  • DougLap
    DougLap Posts: 9,960
    Superuser
    Hi @Burnie1965

Regarding sharing positions it may well be that the new software using IFTTT software which is supposed to work with Twitter, Facebook messenger and Google and IOS contacts that there may be a share facility. I have been using the Mapcode App on my phone to do what you are interested in.. Mapcodes work worldwide and were created by the originators of Tomtom and only work on Tomtom Units.

If you open the free App on your Phone and using the Hybrid Map option you get a Sat view like Google Earth. The image you will get with Location enabled on your phone is your current position with an Address, a Mapcode and Long/Lat figures for it. You can search for places and get Mapcodes, addresses and Long/lat for the results.

So for example in the UK and input DH.FX into your Tomtom unit where you would input address details in search and accept the first result of search you will be taken to the Middle Gate at Buck House.

So if you open the App where you are you will get a Mapcode for the position. You then Tap the second Icon on the screen on the left hand side of the map and you are taken to a Share screen where you can Text, Email or WhatsApp etc, depending on what is on your phone, you current position to your colleagues. They can then input the mapcode into their units and know where you are. Mapcodes are accurate enough for them to know the parking bay you are in at a car park . It is possible for someone to copy the Long/Lat figures of your position and Paste them into the MyDrive app on their phone and calculate a route to you which they then sync to their units.. Unfortunately mapcodes do not work in MyDrive. A work around for this is to open the map code App Paste the Mapcode from the text received into Search and then paste the resultant Long/Lat figures into MyDrive.

It is not possible to change the Triangle for another image.

Doug
  • YamFazMan
    YamFazMan Posts: 21,016
     Superuser
    edited April 2019
    Hi
    @Burnie1965

Important....
    If all of your Maps are installed onto a Micro SDHC Memory card... You will need to install one of the smaller World Maps onto the 'on-board memory', the smaller map will act as a 'Keeper'... This will enable the device to keep running on the smaller Map and avoid the Catch22 situation No Maps Found Error, where the device won't boot-up past the No Maps Found Error to allow access to the 'Format option' to allow the use of a 16GB or 32GB Micro SDHC memory card
    Also if you ever need to remove the Micro SDHC Card for any reason... Like transferring pre-planned routes via a Micro SDHC Card or Formatting a new/replacement Micro SDHC Card, the Keeper Map will allow the device to keep running

To transfer a route to your NAV4/5 device using a Micro SD Memory Card.....
    Format your memory card on your PC to FAT32 format
    Copy your .GPX or .ITN route file to your Memory Card

My GO 5000 showing no routes installed.....

ca63324a-1f9d-4ae6-b84e-f924cfccf9f8.jpg
    Insert the SD Memory card into the Card Slot the device will recognise the Memory Card.....

ee41c992-7c40-4ad4-bd6f-e6a4c258fe3f.jpg
    fcbd0e45-8cba-4575-996a-6715a6c67744.jpg
    2f5dc2eb-de59-4977-a3ef-4de9a15b21f0.jpg
    6b9f6fba-2499-4670-97b5-854c143f3382.jpg
    14213df2-c56b-46ad-a0b6-0d0f7abe13eb.jpg
    Routes Transferred.....

It is not possible to customize the Triangle for another image.

ATB YFM
  • YamFazMan
     Superuser
    edited June 2019
    Hi
    @Burnie1965

Are the 5 Tomtom devices Owned/Maintained by one Person/Family or 5 individual user's ???

Mutiple Devices one Account Pro's & Con's

For the MyDrive Web (v2) Route planner to sync with Multple devices
    All of the devices need to use the same Email and Password
    The MyDrive Web (v2) Route planner will then sync to all the devices either Over The Air or via USB as applicable

I find it best for the initial syncing to be over USB Cable, the transfer is almost instant, especially large .Ov2 files or large numbers of POI files (I run 107 POI on my devices)
    (1)... You will need your device connected to you PC via a Tomtom USB cable...
    (2)... MyDriveConnect running in the background
    (3)... The MyDriveRoute Planner running, to be able to add whatever data you want to synchronize across you device/s
    (4)... If you have multiple devices you can only connect one device at a time over USB... Each device must be logged into the MyDrive menu on the device with the same Email address and Password that you used for the MyDriveConnect account

The Menu path to log into MyDrive on the devices.....
    NAV4 devices............ MyDrive Menu path = (....Menu) > Tomtom Services > MyDrive
    NAV5 Wifi devices.... MyDrive Menu path = (....Menu) > Settings > MyDrive
    Note... The only way to change a password on the device is via a Factory Reset

The MyDriveRoute Planner HERE... https://mydrive.tomtom.com

When transfering Planned routes or Destinations across mutiple devices... Having all of your devices on the same password and email address can give a glitch with the Live and BYOC devices
    See Cut and Paste below

Grove Sales wrote:
    Quote...
    We have 3 Go 5100 devices and just recently we have a problem whereby any selected destination is sent to the other 2 devices and vice versa. Has anyone else come across this and if so how do we get them unlinked??
    End Quote...

If you prefer the single global account across the three devices where the user only has to load the POI’s/Favorites once to the single global Cloud Account
    There is a workaround try..... Logging out of MyDrive on all of the devices
    When you need to sync the route file... Log back into MyDrive on the device/s you wish to sync the data
    I use this method with five devices... After all, you only need to enter the password, the device remembers the email address

But If your not happy logging in/out of MyDrive on 6000's and you wish to use the 6000's, you will need to set up a MyDrive account with different Email and password for each device... the downside is you will need to set up and maintain multiple MyDrive Online Route Planner accounts for any MyPlaces, POI's and Routes you wish to sync to the individual devices

I maintain three NAV4 devices GO 5000, Start 60, Rider 400 and two NAV5 (Wifi) GO 520, 620 by simply logging in/out of MyDrive
    I use a single password across all the devices... You only need to enter the password, the device remembers the email address
    Most of the time on the individual devices I am out logged of MyDrive and only log in to sync data as required, then log out again

Note..... Logging out of MyDrive on the device does not stop the device receiving Tomtom Traffic and live services info The above does not work in the USA the Live Traffic system is different to UK/Europe

ATB YFM
  • Burnie1965
    Master Traveler
    Blinking hell guts that's a great response but a lot to teco for me..
    Ok we are 5 cars. Separately looggin into there own accounts is it better for us to have one email and account that we all long in?
    Or can I sort a route and then share through the share route? I have done a couple trials through my phone and pc and none of the others can see what I have done?
    Is there a permissions issue with me sharing?
    As my mate sent me his and I can open his files nearly instantly? Thanks Burnie
  • YamFazMan
     Superuser
    Hi
    @Burnie1965
    What was sent... Opened on what ???

ATB YFM

• Burnie1965
    Master Traveler
    Sorry I'm, my tek lingo is poor, what is ATB. YTF
  • YamFazMan
     Superuser
    Hi

ATB YFM = All The Best YamFazMan :)

ATB YFM
  • Burnie1965
    Master Traveler
    YamFazMan wrote: »
    Hi
    @Burnie1965
    What was sent... Opened on what ???

ATB YFM

Hi I'm creating a new Route in my drive once it's completed I Save it to my Routes, now once I have this I then press share which I do through WhatsApp, they all receive the files but can't open as it say this route has an owner?
    NO idea what it means.