Memory Card — TomTom Community

Memory Card

I have a Start 50 device with an 8GB memory card which is full. I wish to replace it with a 32GB card. My device does not have sufficient memory to use and when I plug the card into my computer, no files are found so copy and paste is not possible. Can anyone help me with transferring data on the 8GB card to the 32GB card. Many thanks in advance.

Answers

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 3,171 Superuser
    edited April 26
    Hi @IanJohn

Have you got a map on the internal memory?

How much free memory have you got on the the internal memory.

Doug
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 3,171 Superuser
    HI @IanJohn

If you don't have a map on the units internal memory it will not boot up properly and will say it has no map.

A resolution to this is to keep your 8gb card in the unit and ask for a small map to be added to your account, it doesn't matter what it is, You load the small map which should go onto your units internal memory. Then you can remove the 8gb card and insert the new 32gb card and format it in the unit. Then you reinstall the maps on your account which will go on the Extra memory if they are too big for the internal memory.

You should try and ensure you have 400mb of free memory on your internal memory as the unit needs that for operational purposes.

Let us know the answer to the earlier question and if necessary we can ask @VikramK to add a map to your account.

Doug