Cannot install on Windows 10 — TomTom Community

Cannot install on Windows 10

WilliamwooWilliamwoo Posts: 3 [Apprentice Seeker]
Hi all,

I have downloaded the app, and have tried to run it on my Win 10 PC, but nothing happens after 'Do you want to allow this app to make changes to your device'. I have tried running it as Administrator, but still nothing happens. Help please!

Many thanks.

Answers

• dhndhn Posts: 33,210 Superusers
    Anything here?:
    http://us.support.tomtom.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/21428/locale/en_US

Also, might an antivirus be affecting proper functionality?
  • WilliamwooWilliamwoo Posts: 3 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Hi,

Thanks for your response but the issue is that I can't install the software whereas your link refers to a scenario where the software is installed but doesn't recognise the device.
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 2,936 Superuser
    Hi @Williamwoo

Have you tried deleting the download and re downloading it from here.

https://www.tomtom.com/en_gb/mydrive-connect/

Doug
  • WilliamwooWilliamwoo Posts: 3 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Hi,

Yes I tried that, and rebooting the computer, but when I try to run the executable and click yes to 'Do you want to allow this app to make changes to your device', I briefly get the circular Windows timer symbol thing and then nothing happens.
  • ohiodaveohiodave Posts: 1 [New Seeker]
    Having the same problem with installing the program and have tried all the obvious and recommended steps. Answers so far are of no help. This should not be difficult a process. I bought the VIA to replace my unsupported XXl which I really liked. It's several years old and maps out of date no doubt. So far I do not like the VIA. Usually an updated item is suppose to be better. Not so with Tomtom. Maybe I should have done more shopping.