TomTom- No GPS Signal 2019 | Week Number Roll-Over | TIMER Reset 00.00 | Error-"You cannot use this map"

https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/1112782/tomtom-no-gps-signal-2019#latest

Speed camera - Only shows alert in "Active Route" modus... No sidebar!!!

foksenfoksen Posts: 3 [Novice Seeker]
How can I have my 6200 Go Wifi to show me Speed Camera Alerts when driving with No Route planned. I do not always need to plan my route when I am familiar with the road but if I do not choose a route the side bar is not present on the screen`s right side. How can I solve this?
Thanks in advance :-)

Comments

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 1,733 Superuser
    Hi @foksen

Can I suggest that you try leaving the GO6200 on with no route set whilst you drive and see if it warns you about Speed Cameras as you approach them.

If in Voices you have a Computer Voice selected and set to read aloud cameras etc it may tell you about them as you approach. The unit will not show the camera on the display.

Today I tried a short test run with the Tomtom Go app on my phone with a Computerised voice selected. When I finished the test I still had the app open on the phone with no route set and was driving home when suddenly it said Mobile Camera Hotspot where I know they do put them. The app had the map on the screen and showing where I was.

Doug
  • foksenfoksen Posts: 3 [Novice Seeker]
    Hello Doug and thanks for advises! I normally play quite loud music in my car - Using my eyes to look at the TomTom to get an alert quite early and in a good distance before seeing the camera. So only Sound Alert will not work for me in a safe manner...
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 14,005 Superusers
    Hi
    @foksen

Copy&Paste from a previous post of mine....

Out today... Using my GO 520, I drove around without route planned
    Using the 2D, 3D and the North up Overview Maps
    In all three Modes, the device warned of.....
    Exceeding the Speed Limit
    Fixed Speed cameras
    Mobile Speed camera Hot Spots
    Average speed camera zones (Motorway)

I can't see any reason why.....
    Approaching Stationary Queuing Traffic
    Red Light Camera... Wouldn't also Show

Any 3rd Party POI you have loaded and set to display on the Map... All display the Tomtom generic Icon OK

I didn't Notice if petrol stations were displayed on the map or not

Also....
    For general improvement using the Tomtom Speed Cam Database over the default settings

Always use a Computer voice...
    Serena or Malcolm in the UK
    Also....
    From the main screen... Tap (.... Menu) -> Setting -> Sounds & Warnings...
    Set... 'Warning Type' to... Read Allowed... (Important... Needs a Computer Voice set in the Voices menu)
    Speed Cameras & Hazards... Set to ON
    The next 10 Setting ALL set to Always
    The next 4 Settings ALL set to ON
    The device will now say....
    'Fixed Camera'
    'Mobile Hot Spot'
    'Red-light Camera'
    'Accident Black-spots
    ‘Spoken Traffic delays’

Speed Cams
    If you keep a check on the Traffic-bar... The device gives you a visual Warning of the next Fixed or Mobile Speed Camera many miles before you reach the camera
    Even more info if in the 'Setting menus' you setup a Wide Traffic/Route Bar
    93197384-69ec-4f9d-b7ae-f68a6f82ffae.jpg
    ATB YFM

Help others identify useful content...
    If someone posted something that was helpful?
    Click the 'Like' > Thumb's Up Icon

If someone answered your question?
    Please answer 'Yes' to Did this answer the question? 'Yes' < >' No'
    Hei - Thanks for the advices :-) My main problem is that there is NO SIDEBAR showing on my screen when not having a route activated... This is the first thing that need to be adressed I believe...? Everything works when I have a route activated but not else.
    Also I must admit that my current unit is my 3rd. 6200 Go Wifi. The other 2 has been working so slow and sometimes frozen. My position on the screen is sometimes 100 meters astern of my real position. Difficult in city trafic if one has to wait for the TomTom :-) Also it is very slow if I example want to delete a route and search for another destination. Takes sometimes more than 30 sec to start writing. Slowslowslow and with other trafic around You that is not nice. The unit is generally very slow. Is there anything to be done to speed it up? And why must we download all of Europe (Many Gb) just for new map corrections? I am officer on the bridge in the North Sea and we just download the latest corrections.
    I think this will be my last TomTom and I will probably go back to Garmin which I used before. Not happy with Garmin but not so unhappy either :-) If there is a solution to my problems, please tell me!

Best Regards Foksen
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 14,005 Superusers
    edited April 27
    Hi
    @foksen

The Traffic Bar will not display on the North-up Planning Overview Map

The GO 6200 has 16GB of on-board memory AND World Maps available
    Tap 4Dot (.... Menu) --> Settings --> Maps... Add a Map 'Install the UK&ROI Map

If the Full Europe Map is not required delete it
    The absolute bare minimum Free Space is 400MB... The more Free space available the the quicker the device will process the data
    Tap 4Dot (.... Menu) --> Setting --> System --> About... Scroll down to Free space

Also... Have you tried a Soft/Drum roll restart on the device ???? This restarts the devices Operating System afresh

RESETTING YOUR NAVIGATION DEVICE
    https://uk.support.tomtom.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/6965//session/L2F2LzEvdGltZS8xNDI2NjM0NDUyL3NpZC9EQTdTVHpobQ

Charge the device for at least 2Hrs "OR" have the device plugged into a power supply
    Press and hold the on/off button until you hear a drum-roll sound then release the on/off button.
    You won’t lose anything; it’s just like rebooting your PC
    I use a Soft/drum-roll start after any upgrade large or small.
    It’s also useful to keep in mind for sorting out most minor niggles......

ATB YFM
    Help others identify useful content...
    If someone posted something that was helpful?
    Click the 'Like' > Thumb's Up Icon

If someone answered your question?
    Please answer 'Yes' to Did this answer the question? 'Yes' < >' No'