How to get around a login issue but customer support is not available

PeckerpackPeckerpack Posts: 4 [Apprentice Traveler]
I am unable to login to MyDriveConnect - I am going round in circles, the software won't accept my password, no matter how many times I get it reset. I have tried to create a new account but it says my email is already in use. If I can't login I can't get my device updated and a new GPS system uploaded. My device is now USELESS - and I can't get customer support at all. I have never known such poor support!

Answers

• rodneypaulrodneypaul Posts: 1 [New Seeker]
    can`t update my device
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 14,288 Superusers
    Hi
    @rodneypaul

ATB YFM

Help others identify useful content...
    If someone posted something that was helpful?
    Click the 'Like' > 👍 Icon

If someone answered your question?
    Please answer 'Yes' to Did this answer the question? 'Yes' < >' No'
    Sadly this did not answer my question. My TomTom is a MyDrive and the software i can't connect to is MyDriveConnect! The login just doesn't work, and I am unable to get real customer support for this problem!
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 2,273 Superuser
    Hi @Peckerpack

What Tomtom unit do you have that you are trying to update. With that info we may then be able to give your the right Customer support information.

Doug
  • PeckerpackPeckerpack Posts: 4 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Thank you DougLap, I am thankful to say I have managed to login - I took everything off my computer and downloaded a new version of MyDriveConnect, and then I took out the email address that my computer remembered - the email address was completely correct, but somehow it wouldn't allow me to put my password in. Once I removed the email address and typed it in manually I was able to log in correctly. Can I just say one thing - downloading all the new updates was a nightmare because I had no idea if the downloads were happening - there was no progress bar - just thre little moving dots beside a phrase that said PREPARING FOR DOWNLOAD. I had no idea what was happening - waited for two and a half hours, then restarted my machine and then was led to a page that told me how much was still needed to be downloaded. Fortunately it didn't upset the downloads, and now everything is up to date! Sadly I am still not sure what model device I have - nothing on it to say what it is! I think it is MyDrive - only because that is what the software is called! Thank you for responding! Much appreciated!
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 2,273 Superuser
    Hi @Peckerpack

Check on the following to find what model Tomtom you have.

https://uk.support.tomtom.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/9508

Doug
  • PeckerpackPeckerpack Posts: 4 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Thank you very much, I have followed your advice and now I know what device I have - and taken note so will always know. Once again thank you for your help, much appreciated.