Changing my drive email address

Bob MooreBob Moore Posts: 10 [Apprentice Seeker]
I have changed my TomTom and my drive email logon address.

When I try to login to mydrive on my satnav it still shows the old email address and therefore I can't login to my drive.

Can anyone suggest a fix?

Thanks

Answers

• LochfrassLochfrass Posts: 9,078 Superuser
    Hi
    You must set the device to factory settings, then you can enter another mailadress.
    Menu/Settings/System/reset device
  • Bob MooreBob Moore Posts: 10 [Apprentice Seeker]
    What would I lose with a reset?
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 2,797 Superuser
    edited March 21
    Hi @:Bob Moore

If you have any Favourites, ie MyPlaces, Poi files and Route files that you have loaded onto the GO6200 then go to MyDrive on your PC, tablet or Phone and see if they are all saved there. Any routes created on the GO6200 not showing then try and export them using a spare SD card. This will only be possible if the Map to which the Route relates is on the internal memory.

Now when you do a full Factory reset by tapping Reset Device in Sytsems in the menu all your My Places, Poi ad Route files will be deleted. When you set the unit up inputting your Account and Wifi details turn the unit off after it is up and running again. Then restart the unit and let it log into the Wifi etc and it will sync with your Tomtom account and reload your MyPlaces, Poi and Route files. In effect your account is a backup for your device. stored on the Tomtom servers. You do not connect the TT to a PC it is all done by Wifi like updates.

Should you have to ever have to do a factory reset when not at home the unit will sync itself with your account in the same way using the inbuilt Mobile Sim although it will just take longer to do it.

Any questions please ask.

Doug
    Thanks for your help Doug.

I'll give that a try.

Does seem very involved to change a single data parameter.

Tom Tom need to produce a simple fix for this problem
    I have tried to backup using mydrive on a pc but cannot log in due to the email problem.
    Tried using the home s/w on a pc using win10 but the TomTom is not recognised.
    Tried in a pc using vista but not recognising Tom Tom and cannot find a driver for my device.

I've also tried using different usb ports, used original lead, tried showing hidden devices on pc but nothing seems to work.

I'd appreciate any ideas.
    As I am getting nowhere with solving this problem is there any way to pass this to the TomTom software team?
    Hi @Bob Moore

Contact Customer Support. Explain you can no longer access your account and ask them if they can change the email address for the account so your can keep all your Favourites etc. They should be able to see the Serial number and you can confirm what it is on the unit you have.

United Kingdom 02079 490 134

Monday - Friday: 9:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.

Doug
    Thanks
    Hi Doug
    Sent my serial number and asked for a solution.

Received the following reply.

"I understand your disappointment.

I would like to inform you that if you want a backup from one device to the another you can create it however unfortunately, backup from one email address to another cannot be done.

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact me again via the reply link in this email and I will be more than happy to help."

I responded by saying that the device is not fit for purpose and the software team should have written the software to allow for customers to change their email address.

I have now asked TomTom support for a deadlock letter.

The support team are useless.
    edited April 24
    Hi @Bob Moore

Sorry . Can you explain what you mean by You have Changed your Email address.

Have you created a new one and you want to switch your unit to that?.

Is the old email address still on the Tomtom server with the unit still on it and can you log into it.on your PC. If not why can't you log into your old Email TT account. is it a password problem?

Have you added POI and Route files to your unit via the old Email Have you created any routes on the unit and saved them in My Routes.?

Doug
    I had a tesco.net email but Tesco ceased the service so I had no option but to use my new email address.
    Hi @Bob Moore

Does that mean that because Tesco stop supporting the email now the Tomtom server will not let you log in using the old email and password to get into your account.

Doug.