Alg Dropped in Tom Toms adverts? Plus 3d Buildings? — TomTom Community

Alg Dropped in Tom Toms adverts? Plus 3d Buildings?

Well they cannot fix it so rather than not fix it they dropped it by the looks as well as the 3d view.

If you look 3d building has also gone the same way its no longer explained as a point / feature anymore??

Something your not telling us. Cannot fix it so it's no longer a feature. If it happens it happens.

Comments

• YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 15,087 Superusers
    edited April 23
    HI
    @D-Stream

I spent a while testing appearance/disappearance of the 3D buildings display
    Using a Route Demo and the three Zoom options plus the effect of Manual Zoom....

(1)... Zoom set to 'Zoom into next turn'... 3D buildings seem to appear/disappear the most, mainly because of the extreme levels of zoom used for Road types Urban areas, Town/Cites... Junctions and Roundabouts

(2)... Zoom set to 'Based on road type'... 3D buildings appear to be more stable and appear more quickly as you enter the area of 3D buildings

(3)... Zoom set to 'None'.... At Default Zoom 3D buildings display OK
    But If you Zoom the Map, the road appears to zoom in a lot more quickly than the surrounding 3D buildings

Manual Zoom works on all three Zoom Options... The good news is if you hate/love 3D buildings you can turn them off/on at will by simply manually adjusting the zoom level in or out

ATB YFM

• Covkid62Covkid62 Posts: 543 [Revered Navigator]
    I've noticed that the so called premium x models do not appear to have alg at all as it doesn't get a mention....just wish they would say it can't be fixed instead of ignoring anyone who asks about it
    edited April 24
    Hi
    Covkid62 wrote: »
    I've noticed that the so called premium x models do not appear to have alg at all as it doesn't get a mention....
    Nope still there !!!
    8k4oe0laqn8o.jpg

bkd9k4cqfnu8.jpg
    ATB YFM
  • dmulvdmulv Posts: 626 Superuser
    YamFazMan wrote: »
    HI
    @D-Stream

I spent a while testing appearance/disappearance of the 3D buildings display
    Using a Route Demo and the three Zoom options plus the effect of Manual Zoom....

(1)... Zoom set to 'Zoom into next turn'... 3D buildings seem to appear/disappear the most, mainly because of the extreme...
    There also seems to be a link with 3D buildings stopping to render at about the same time as ALG no longer displaying, although this is completely anecdotal.
    edited April 24
    Hi
    @dmulv

(1)... Zoom set to 'Zoom into next turn'... 3D buildings seem to appear/disappear the most, mainly because of the extreme levels of zoom used for Road types Urban areas, Town/Cites... Junctions and Roundabouts
    To stay in context, I think you should quote me fully ;)

I always drive '2D Rotate in direction' of travel with Zoom set to 'Based on road type'
    It's extremely rare. if ever
    That I have had the problem of the ALG not showing

ATB YFM
  • bruceybrucey Posts: 165 [Renowned Trailblazer]
    edited April 24
    That’s one way of making the problem go away if true about the marketing.

• Lost_SoulLost_Soul Posts: 162 [Exalted Navigator]
    YamFazMan wrote: »
    Hi
    Covkid62 wrote: »
    I've noticed that the so called premium x models do not appear to have alg at all as it doesn't get a mention....
    Nope still there !!!
    8k4oe0laqn8o.jpg

bkd9k4cqfnu8.jpg
    ATB YFM

What was meant by @Covkid62 is that Tomtom does not appear to be advertising / marketing ALG as a prominent feature of their devices.

I have the same menu options on my Go 6200; but ALG on my device "rarely appears consistently" from one week to the next :'(

I thought it could be linked to not doing a Drum Roll reset after speed camera / Mapshare community updates :)

But noticed your later comment :

I always drive '2D Rotate in direction' of travel with Zoom set to 'Based on road type'
    It's extremely rare. if ever, that I have had a problem with the ALG not showing

My device is normally set to "3D / Zoom into next turn" but will try using your settings to see if it makes any difference for my 6200. ;)
  • dmulvdmulv Posts: 626 Superuser
    @YamFazMan - the quote was to intended to show I was continuing your thread with further information (which is why I only included the first few lines for brevity)... it was certainly not to contradict you.

Misquoting others to twist facts to suit my own view is something I strictly leave to politicians.
  • D-StreamD-Stream Posts: 140 [Renowned Trailblazer]
    In context its not promoted on the new models.