GO 5000 memory almost full — TomTom Community

GO 5000 memory almost full

ColtanColtan Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
The memory is almost full on my device. I have lifetime map updates for UK & Europe and I was wondering if I can load only the UK map as I have no intention of driving in Europe so do not require maps other than UK. I cannot find any way of loading only UK maps without a large amount of Europe as well. Is this possible?

Best Answer

Answers

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 2,967 Superuser
    Hi @Coltan

Contact Customer Support and seeing if they will allocate the UK and ROI map to your Unit as that will easily load on the internal memory. However need to be careful about creating the situation of no map on the unit.as it will not boot up then.

If they allocate the map get them to go through with you loading it onto the internal memory.

Doug

• ColtanColtan Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hi Vikram,

Thanks for your response but when I downloaded the UK and ROI map it installed it onto my sd card. The original map is still on the internal memory which is almost full. How should I proceed to get this resolved. Thanks
    Regards, COLTAN
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 2,967 Superuser
    Hi @Coltan

If you have the European Map on your Internal memory then I am surprised it fits.

If you have not updated it recently that would explain it. So Update it if there is an update available and then see if that moves it to the Extra memory. If not then In Mydrive Connect you should see Under content the 2 maps . Click on the European Map picture, not uninstall, and select Change map. Then select the Full European map with Buildings. This map is circa 9gb so will not fit on the internal memory. This should when changing delete the Europe map on the internal memory and load the new map on the extra memory. If you ever want to you could change the European map back to No buildings or fewer of them if you want after you have finished all this .

When you have finished this then go back to your Content in MDC and select uninstall the UK and ROI map. When that has happened do a soft reset, Hold ON/OFF button down for about 20 seconds until you hear the drumroll sound then ask to install the UK and ROI map again and this time as there will be space on the internal memory it will be loaded there.

All a faff I am sure but the benefit is you have the latest maps and you have one on the internal memory which is beneficial should you have a problem with the SD card. Also there will be more free memory on the internal memory which is beneficial for the operational system.

You should always avoid having the situation that there is no map on the unit as it will then not boot up.

All the best

Doug

• ColtanColtan Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hi Vikram,

Further to my previous email. I have spoken to customer services and they have guided me through the process. All is OK now. Thanks

Regards, COLTAN