TomTom Spark /Runner 2 Watch not Uploading Activities for >24 hours and counting — TomTom Community

TomTom Spark /Runner 2 Watch not Uploading Activities for >24 hours and counting

Fabio_GrooveRider73Fabio_GrooveRider73 Posts: 6 [Apprentice Traveler]
Dear all - am starting to get a little narked off after 24 hours of trying to figure out why my GPS watch has stopped updating activities to the Sports app. Please see the list of remedial actions attempted to date...have decided that since I am getting no answer from TomTom directly (which is by the way only possible via tweeting and an email which gives me no ETA on response time) I am attempting this course of action

1. I have checked the watch's GPS satnav status and it is not impacted by the GPS rollover. I last have activity updated on Monday this week when all worked fine.
2. I have tried unpairing and forgetting the device
3. Uninstalled/reinstalled the TomTom app from my iPhone 6s
4. Have done soft and power off resets - the latter via TomTom Sports Connect on my PC - and all that happens is that the watch gets to 26% and then says cannot upload activities.
5. Turned the phone off multiple times

I think one option left is the factory reset but that will lose the activity not yet updated which I was keen to view.

Bearing in mind I am a complete technophobe if anyone kindly takes the time and trouble to answer and/or recognise the problem please bear in mind I am totally uneducated. In short.....keep it simple :-)

Best regards
F Grooverider

Comments

• Fabio_GrooveRider73Fabio_GrooveRider73 Posts: 6 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Morning - thanks for the above, appreciated. Regarding the computer syncing - yes - I tried doing that before posting my question as am now firmly at a PC. I am getting the same error on the PC via Sports Connect as I am when doing it wirelessly so there is clearly something wrong. 100% using Sports Connect btw as I downloaded that also yesterday at the PC (I have been away hence why only able to try these fixes now). Bottom line I'm starting to wonder if the factory reset is the only thing available to try which I've wanted to avoid. Pretty sure for the rest of your points things are as they should be as the watch is charging fine and by and large all seems well apart from this infernal failure to upload the activities!! Any other suggestions?!
    Thanks
    F
  • tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,563
    Superusers
    I hate to say it, but factory reset is basically the only option (and it may very well not work). The software is quite buggy and since they went out of business it will not be getting fixed.
    Thanks T. I am resigned to doing this so will give it a go...and whether it works or not is also something I feared you'd say :-) Out of interest....is the Garmin a better option? Or is that "a word that shall not be uttered" here...?
    ...and this unavailability of customer service sounds like a death knell also for problems like this. Very poor especially when the brand will suffer regardless with an environment like that
    Update - Factory reset seems to have worked for now. I'll give it a go tomorrow. Only two activities missing so could have been worse. Thanks very much TFarabaugh for the advice and assistance, hugely appreciated.
  • tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,563
    Superusers
    Thanks T. I am resigned to doing this so will give it a go...and whether it works or not is also something I feared you'd say :-) Out of interest....is the Garmin a better option? Or is that "a word that shall not be uttered" here...?

Since TT is no longer producing watches, Garmin is not a bad word. As far as options go, they are so far and away in the lead in the market they are virtually the only option. No one can keep up with them in features so they have to compete on price and you know what they say "buy cheap, buy twice".