No WNRO update available for my GO 720 — TomTom Community

No WNRO update available for my GO 720

TTH 2.11.6.125

GO 720 Firmware 9.520

(1) TTH said no update available
(2) Delete firmware 9.520, TTH downloads 7.480, then device said no map in device.
(3) After reboot, TTH downloads 8.300, device has map now.
(4) After reboot, TTH said no update available
(5) Re-installed 9.520 from my computer to the GO 720, TTH said no update available.

WNRO 9.541 NOT AVAILABLE

Answers

• VikramKVikramK Posts: 12,893 Moderator
    Hi JT2019

I have reactivated a fresh map on your account...

Just remove the existing map from your device and computer using TomTom HOME and download a fresh version which will be available for download!

Regards
    Vikram
  • JT2019JT2019 Posts: 4 [New Seeker]
    I live in Canada with North America 2 GB map.

You reactivated the WRONG map (Western Europe).

Also I just want to confirm that (after you re-reactivate the correct North America map), I have to remove my EXISTING map from BOTH the device and the computer? After removing said map, then TTH will SHOW download to BOTH the new WNRO firmware and the North America map.

Because right now, TTH shows WRONG map and NO WNRO firmware update.
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 12,893 Moderator
    @JT2019

Alright...

Activated the USA and Canada map now.

If there is no WNRO update this probably you have it installed it already.

We had started rolling out these updates since last year.

Regards
    Vikram
    The map is too big, it wouldn't fit onto device. The new map is 2071.8 MB. Even if I wiped my GO 720 completely, it has only total memory of 1956.2 MB. And that doesn't even include the device firmware yet.

No I haven't updated the device last year. I have not use this device for a few years now.

NO WNRO update is showing up right now.
    OK, I managed to download NORTHERN USA and CANADA into my device, which fits my GO 720. And there is still 740 MB available on my device.

However there is no WNRO update showing up on TTH.

I am enclosing the system information file generated by TTH which shows that my device has 9.520, not the WNRO 9.541 version.
  • tiljestiljes Posts: 254 [Supreme Pioneer]
    But do you encounter any problems? I think SirfStar-devices might have been fine all along. Only Broadcom and Qualcomm seem affected.