Renault Clio 2012 - TomTom Carminat Live - Live Services stop working after 4 months . .

jaapvdvjaapvdv Posts: 2 [Apprentice Seeker]
On December 7, 2018 I purchased 1 year of LIVE Services. Adding the Live Services to the in-dash satnav in my car, using TomtOm Home, worked brilliantly.

However about a week ago I noticed my Carminat was no longer able to connect to the server. Just now I noticed in the Live Services display that I do not have a valid subscription . . . .

After 4 months??

My TomTom account clearly shows the purchase of Live Services. But the same account also shows that there are no services installed on my device.

Please assist.

(initially tried contacting support through the website, but that page only tells me to contact TomTom and asks with which product I need support, without offering any choices . . . )
Tagged:

Answers

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 2,793 Superuser
    Hi @jaapvdv

Try Customer Support again but don't answer what unit etc you want to speak about and eventually you will be put through to a member of Staff to talk to.

Doug
  • Royin1964Royin1964 Posts: 1 [New Seeker]
    I have the same problem. I tried to call but the only answer I get is to set the Carminat to factory (restart) I don't know the English word...
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 2,793 Superuser
    Hi @Royin1964

The term is Factory Restore which might be referred to in the Settings as Reset Device.

Doug

• jaapvdvjaapvdv Posts: 2 [Apprentice Seeker]
    edited May 14
    Well, I contacted Customer Support and they told me to get in touch with a Renault dealership (while referring to the ticket at TomTom Customer Service) to have them swap the (Vodafone) SIM card in my Carminat.

The response of the mechanic at the dealership was . . . . interesting:

'Replace the SIM-card? Never done that, never knew there is a SIM card in there that we can/have to replace.'

The dealership offered to research the issue further and to contact me if and when they know more.
    No reply yet.