Mapshare updates — TomTom Community

Mapshare updates

StevefisStevefis Posts: 8 [Apprentice Seeker]
I submitted a mapshare correction last November for a blocked road which was approved. Since then I have had 2 mapshare updates and one new map but my correction has not come through. How long does it take?

Comments

• StevefisStevefis Posts: 8 [Apprentice Seeker]
    It is Myerscough Smithy road at postcode BB2 7LF which used to be an access road to the BAE Systems factory. It still tries to plan a route to work using this closed road although it is 5 months since they accepted the change and I have had 3 mapshare updates since then.
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 9,106
    Superuser
    Hi @Stevefis

Have you notified Tomtom Via MapShare Reporter

https://www.tomtom.com/mapshare/tools/?Lid=1

Doug
    Yes - I used Mapshare Reporter to report the problem and shortly after they approved it and it showed the road as closed on that system. I assumed that when I got the next Mapshare update on my Tomtom device that it would be on there but 5 months and 3 updates later it still tries to route me down the closed road.
  • MegalosMegalos Posts: 6,074
    Superusers
    Stevefis wrote: »
    It is Myerscough Smithy road at postcode BB2 7LF which used to be an access road to the BAE Systems factory. It still tries to plan a route to work using this closed road although it is 5 months since they accepted the change and I have had 3 mapshare updates since then.

Thanks for the information. Could you please indicate more exactly the location of the closed road? Perhaps coordinates? I find many roads in that area with that name.
    The coordinates are 53.77496, -2.57699 according to Mapshare Reporter.
    Superusers
    Thanks. You mean there's a gate or fence or so there at that location?
    Yes - there is a gate for emergency vehicle access but I don't think it has been opened for many years. It used to be a public road before the factory was built in the 1930's but then it was closed and a new road was routed around the site.
    Superusers
    Thanks. I made a report as well, and it now has the 'Accepted' status. Let's see what will happen.
    OK - thanks. We'll see if it works this time.
    Superusers
    Short update: it now has the 'Fixed' status, which means it will be available on a future map release. Likely the next one already.
    It has shown it as "fixed" when I log into Mapshare Reporter for about 5 months now but never appeared on the map updates. Let's hope your entry works this time - thanks.
    I have just got the latest map and the latest Mapshare update but my Tomtom is still sending me down the closed road.