No signal on GO BASIC — TomTom Community

No signal on GO BASIC

I brought the TomTom Go Basic model yesterday and used for the first time this morning. The device only picked up a signal for a few seconds around 5 times on my 20 minute journey. I've connected the device to WIFI and attempted to install updates but receive this message:
"oops we are having trouble accessing TomTom services. Please try again later"

I've tried re-setting the device but that hasn't changed anything.
The date/time is also wrong :( - it thinks it's Sunday and is an hour ahead.

Any help much appreciated, if I can't get it to work I hope Halfords will take this back!

Answers

• YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 19,623
    Superusers
    edited April 2019
    Post deleted by YamFazMan
  • Emma81Emma81 Posts: 3 [New Seeker]
    Hi YFM

Thank you for your reply. I have just reset the device as you described, the date/time is still incorrect. I've had it plugged into my PC via USB and I have MyDrive running. I am still getting the same 'oops' message when I try to log in on the device.

Do you think this device is faulty?

Thanks for your help
    Emma
    Superusers
    edited April 2019
    Hi
    @Emma81
    Emma81 wrote: »
    (Snip) I've had it plugged into my PC via USB and I have MyDrive running. I am still getting the same 'oops' message when I try to log in on the device
    I think you may have misread my post or my explanation was poor ???

This is the Cause of the Problem not the solution....
    IF your GO Basic connected to the PC/Laptop using the USB lead as a power supply and MyDrive Connect running in the Background ???
    If 'Yes'....
    The USB connection will take priority over the W-Fi connection

To setup your NAV5 Wi-Fi devices for using Wi-Fi
    Tap 4Dot (.... Menu) --> Setting --> Wi-Fi... Set-up the Wi-Fi Connection

Solutions for you to try to enable the Setup of your Wi-Fi connection
    Use a alternate power supply to power your device while logging in with your username and password or fully charge the device for 2 Hours and log in with your username and password with the device running on its own power
    You can also try...
    With your device not connected to your PC/Laptop
    Right Click on the Tomtom icon on the PC Taskbar to access the Setting menu and Click 'Quit' to exit MyDrive Connect
    Connect you device to your PC/Laptop... Turn your device (Should Auto Start)
    Tap Tap 4Dot (.... Menu) --> Wi-Fi should be active... login with your user-name and password

ATB YFM
  • Emma81Emma81 Posts: 3 [New Seeker]
    Thanks YFM - possibly I have! I think I will just take this back, it's not working for me :(
    Superusers
    edited April 2019
    Hi
    @Emma81

Also See Tomtom video....
    Tap on the black bar at the bottom right for the full Screen option

ATB YFM