Mazda Navigation (NVA-SD8110) Crashes After Latest Updates

martdavmartdav Posts: 2 [Apprentice Seeker]
I updated the SD card with the latest Europe maps and GPS updates using TomTom Home yesterday. Now, after inserting the SD card into my satnav, I get an hourglass then splashscreen. After a pause it goes back to hourglass then splashscreen. This repeats every couple of minutes. So the unit never actually starts up now. Please can you tell me how to resolve this, as I am paying for live updates and map updates.

Answers

• martdavmartdav Posts: 2 [Apprentice Seeker]
    BTW I'm using the original 4GB SD card that came with the devicde
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 7,787 TomTom Moderator
    Hi @martdav

Welcome to the community!

I would recommend that you try the steps on this FAQ:

http://uk.support.tomtom.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/18349

Regards
    Vikram
    Have a question? Ask!
    Did a reply resolve your query, please mark it as answer!
    Try the search; the information you are looking for could already be available.
  • albie19albie19 Posts: 1 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Just wondering if this problem has been resolved as I have faced the same issue. Help from TomTom has been very poor and they are now saying it is a device fault. This is despite it working perfectly before the update and the fact that I have multiple errors in trying to install on to the card.
  • marlintt_un40marlintt_un40 Posts: 17 [Outstanding Explorer]
    All you need to do is pop the SDCARD back into your PC, then in windows explorer delete the directory (and contents) called "loopdir". There is just one file called loopback.ex3 in the loopdir folder, get rid of both.
    Now pop the sdcard back in your car device and turn it on. After a short while it will recreate the directory and file and all should be good.
  • marlintt_un40marlintt_un40 Posts: 17 [Outstanding Explorer]
    Each time I upgrade the maps with a full version (ie 3-4gb upgrade) I have to delete loopdir, if I only update the device (not a map version upgrade) its OK.