Why do speed limit updates take so long? Why isn't IQ routes utilized? — TomTom Community

Why do speed limit updates take so long? Why isn't IQ routes utilized?

OcOwlOcOwl Posts: 2 [New Traveler]
Couldn't use use IQ routes in conjunction with reports to verify their veracity?
User reports area is 50mph
Satnav reports 30mph
Average user drives 45mph through that zone (IQ routes)......
Report is most likely accurate...
Approves change.

Roads are littered with inaccurate speed limits.
I tried to fix one road in particular and submitted the 4 incorrect speed zones.
4/5 months later... pending. Still nothing.

Google maps (your competition) added a missing pathway that i submitted to them within the week.
This is unacceptable and will lead to your demise. Google maps is starting to incorporate speed camera detection/warning, as soon as it starts displaying speed zones and the drivers speed your advantages are limited.
I understand Q&A is important. But your lack of resources allocated updating and approving map changes under the current system is unacceptable.
Example, driving a long a smart motorway towards Cardiff. Saw multiple gantry speed cameras not reported on your system. If you were receptive and actually made changes I might have actually taken the time to report said errors.

Answers

• John-JayJohn-Jay Posts: 687 [Revered Pioneer]
    OcOwl wrote: »

Roads are littered with inaccurate speed limits.
    I tried to fix one road in particular and submitted the 4 incorrect speed zones.
    4/5 months later... pending. Still nothing.

Unfortunately, you are correct!

I've submitted updates &, after a year, they were still "Pending".

Hence, I no longer bother wasting my time submitting reports!