New software v18.202.0024 available for download

Hi all

We've just released a new software update v18.202.0024 for the GO 400, 5x0, 6x0 / 5x00, 6x00, START and VIA 40, 5x, 6x series and Trucker devices; it's available for download in MyDrive Connect.

Release notes:

Bug fixes and improvements:

Various performance improvements and bug fixes have been implemented.

Drive safe!

Regards
Vikram.
Have a question? Ask!
Did a reply resolve your query, please mark it as answer!
Try the search; the information you are looking for could already be available.

Comments

• dmclean2dmclean2 Posts: 95 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hi Vikram

It would be most beneficial if a link could be provided to the official release notes in such announcements.

The following is not really good enough in this day and age. In fact its never been good enough just to say bug fixes..... and / or performance improvements.

"Various performance improvements and bug fixes have been implemented."

TomTom Customers deserve more than just "lip service".
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 14,504 Superusers
    Help others identify useful content...
    If someone posted something that was helpful?
    Click the 'Like' > 👍 Icon

If someone answered your question?
    Please answer 'Yes' to Did this answer the question? 'Yes' < >' No'

[h3]Version 18.202.0024[/h3]
    Released on 13 December 2018 This update applies to: GO 620 Wi-Fi, GO 6200 Wi-Fi, GO 520 Wi-Fi, GO 5200 Wi-Fi, GO PROFESSIONAL 520/TRUCKER 520 (For US), GO PROFESSIONAL 620/TRUCKER 620 (For US), GO PROFESSIONAL 6200, GO PROFESSIONAL 6250, GO Basic, GO Essential, Rider 500/550, VIA 53

• Bug fixes and improvements: Various performance improvements and bug fixes have been implemented.

…. Is woefully inadequate. Maybe I have worked in the IT industry far too long. My expectations align with industry best practice and in my opinion these release notes fall far below industry best practice. Its like a cut and paste from the weekly "twitter" or "Facebook" app updates on my phone....

I'm sitting here because the recent map updates have failed. The reinstall time is still far too long. All known issues from over 5 years or so and looks like it locked up at 31%.... Issues I and others have encountered for years when updates are released.

Yawn, looks like I have to reinstall for a third time. Its been over two hours of nursing these updates...…. its is far from Customer friendly experience.

Waze looks like the way to go …...
  • DavidC99DavidC99 Posts: 4 [Apprentice Traveler]
    My GO-520 has been trying to update the software update for 4 hours. It gets to 15% or 20% then starts again.
    It would be really helpful if I could download it to my computer, and then update from there, but that doesn't appear to be an option with the GO-520, the MyDrive Connect software tells me to update direct on the GPS.
    Really not impressed with this update, and unfortunately can't update the maps without downloading the crap software update first.
    edited February 20
    Hi
    @dmclean2
    @DavidC99

Try Option (2)__________________________

The NAV5 (Wi-Fi) devices like you’re GO 520 update using Wi-Fi...
    All the update actions are executed on the device...

Option... (1) Connected WifiTap the 4Dot(.... Menu) --> Setting --> Updates & New Items
    Extra Maps are Installed/Maintained... Setting --> Maps

I always update my devices one Update at a time
    The NavCore Application and QuickFixGPS updates are force ticked by Tomtom... Deselect any other updates like Maps, Speed Cams etc... Update the mandatory item/s, when complete update the remaining items one at a time

Note... NAV(5 Wifi) devices connected over Wifi do not require MyDrive Connect to be running Even if myDrive is running you have no access the MyDrive Connect menu structures as used by the previous NAV3 & 4 devices

[h3]Option... (2) Connected USB[/h3]If Wi-Fi is not available or is slow/unstable/unreliable.....
    Tomtom recommend a minimum Wi-Fi download speed of 30Mbps
    Updating your new NAV5 (Wi-Fi) device over USB will require "MyDrive Connect"
    Get it here.....
    www.tomtom.com/getstarted
    Run MyDrive Connect.....
    Note... The NAV(5 Wifi) devices have no access the MyDrive Menu structures as used by the previous NAV3 & 4 devices
    MyDrive Connect will only show a "Splash screen" saying "Connect your device using Wifi" etc
    If required You can close the 'Main Mydrive Window' showing the "Connect your device using Wifi" Splash screen... MyDrive Connect only needs to run in the background on the PC TaskBar

870d2bce-aa69-408c-b876-cf4aeb5e2fb5.png
    Connect your Device to a USB Port on your PC
    Updating a NAV5 (Wi-Fi) device using USB is the same as using Wi-Fi, all of the update actions are executed on the device...
    Tap the 4Dot(.... Menu) --> Setting --> Updates & New Items
    Extra Maps are Installed/Maintained... Setting --> Maps

ATB YFM

And option 2 will not help, as my PC connects using the same Wifi as my my GPS
  • LC123LC123 Posts: 31 [Prominent Wayfarer]
    Hi

Just saying "Bug fixes and improvements: Various performance improvements and bug fixes have been implemented." is pointless for your customers. You should list all the specific things fixed so we know if we are wasting our time or not updating to that version and re-testing specific problems we might have had.

The fact you don't specify what is fixed is simply confirmation of TomTom's continual struggle in getting reliable devices and software and it's complete dis-regard to helping out their long suffering customers by being transparent to the issues.
  • DAFTVADERDAFTVADER Posts: 4 [Master Traveler]
    Another featureless update.

No features that were available 5 years ago.

This is my last TomTom. Waze will get my custom.
  • Stan_StevenStan_Steven Posts: 7 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Since upgrading my TomTom 6000 it now takes around 15 minutes to connect to traffic information (in the UK) whereas before it would only take less than a minute. This was a problem several years ago and it seems to have been reintroduced with this new version.
    Also my Speed camera updates is failing but when I try and restart it it says I am up to date. It also un-installs several countries including the UK when this happens. I have re-installed all countries and will update this thread when I retry the next update.
  • Luther WhitneyLuther Whitney Posts: 14 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hello !
    My VIA 62 is connected with "MYdrive Connect" and the program told me, everything is up to date.
    But in my device is shown : Anwendungsversion 17.300.0018.311 (0) (12.10.2017)
    I can't update it with "My drive connect".
    I have restart the device, take it back to the groundsettings, no success.
    Can you help me ?
    Thanks and BR
    Chris
  • Stan_StevenStan_Steven Posts: 7 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Since upgrading my TomTom 6000 it now takes around 15 minutes to connect to traffic information (in the UK) whereas before it would only take less than a minute. This was a problem several years ago and it seems to have been reintroduced with this new version.
    Also my Speed camera updates is failing but when I try and restart it it says I am up to date. It also un-installs several countries including the UK when this happens. I have re-installed all countries and will update this thread when I retry the next update.

I successfully updated speed cameras once, then today it stopped at 74%, went back to 8% for a couple of minutes then said the update has failed. All speed cameras are uninstalled now except Andorra, but My Drive is saying I am up to date. Any ideas? I will try uninstalling maps with building as it seems close to the memory limit but would have hoped for some sort of guidance...
    edited February 11
    Hi
    @Stan_Steven

400 MB is considered the bare minimum working memory
    I think you need to consider installing a branded 16GB Class 10 Micro SDHC card
    The full Europe Map is now 8GB +
    You can install the Map Zones but I think you will only be putting off the inevitable

See User Laures post Here....
    https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1241492/#Comment_1241492

ATB YFM

…. Is woefully inadequate. Maybe I have worked in the IT industry far too long. My expectations align with industry best practice and in my opinion these release notes fall far below industry best practice. Its like a cut and paste from the weekly "twitter" or "Facebook" app updates on my phone....

Yawn, looks like I have to reinstall for a third time. Its been over two hours of nursing these updates...…. its is far from Customer friendly experience.

Waze looks like the way to go …...

Yup, I will second that, especially the release notes.

My personal pain - and the reason that I now use Apple Maps as often as TT these days is that nobody is in the slightest bit interested in solving the cyclic "connecting to my phone/lost connection to my phone" problem that I and others seem to suffer from. All of the system resetting and network resets do is to cause hassle and short term solutions. Just checked this latest release and it (surprise, surprise) has exactly the same problem.

Waze...Apple...Google...
  • YurkoYurko Posts: 35 [Master Traveler]
    VikramK wrote: »
    Hi all

We've just released a new software update

please fix the maximum speed limit for the bus in the Czech Republic, on the TomTom device it as for a car, about this error I write for a year!

• AylynAylyn Posts: 1 [New Seeker]
    Hi.
    I have TomTom Trucker 6000 with this navcore 17.300.0018.311.
    With TomTom MyDrive Connect i can not find last navcore update 18.202.0024.
    I can not find any navcore update. Shows me your device is up to date.
    I think my navcore or butloader has some errors.
    If anyone can help me with last butloader and this navcore 17.300.0018.311 or 18.202.0024. and a way to upload in device.
    Thancks!