Voice control cannot be used with your display language — TomTom Community

Voice control cannot be used with your display language

MagwaMagwa Posts: 12 [Apprentice Seeker]
new go 620 and i get this message! what’s that all about?

Answers

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 3,439 Superuser
    Hi @Magwa

In order to use the Voice control you need the Computer Voices not the recorded voices. The Computer voices enable the ability to provide more detailed depiction etc information. The UK English voices are Serena and Malcolm and US English are two different voices.. Can you indicate what language you want and hopefully if there is a computer version for that language then when @VikramK sees this he can allocate the voices for you to download.

Doug
  • MagwaMagwa Posts: 12 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Well, the language would be the language that I communicate with: English. Does this mean that I can choose only one? Does the device communicate with that voice? If so, I need to try them out, as in the past some of the pronunciations in foreign languages are quite bizarre. Thanks. Isn't this all rather complex?
  • lampardlampard Posts: 4,336 TomTom Moderator
    edited March 22
    Hi @Magwa

I've assigned the computer voices (US English) on your account, you can download them when your device is connected to the WiFi network.

Cheers, lampard
    Could you assign the UK voices as well? Here is my question from this morning: "Does this mean that I can choose only one? Does the device communicate with that voice? If so, I need to try them out, as in the past some of the pronunciations in foreign languages are quite bizarre." could you answer please
    Did I do something wrong. Is there some reason that I'm getting no response?
    Hi @Magwa

Its the weekend . When people ask for the Voice control voices they are usually only given 1 or 2 as there are only that number per language other than English has UK or USA versions. I assume that you have been allocatesd USA as that is what is assumed you will want to pronounce places more accurately in your area.

Doug
    Hi @Magwa

Assigned the Serena and Malcolm voice (UK version) on your device to download. Voice Recognition and Voice control only work if the device has a computer voice installed that corresponds to the language the device is set it. If the device is set in US English language, you will need to use the US English (Tom/Samantha) Computer Voice.

Cheers, lampard
    Hi Lampard,
    Thank you. I got a message that the voices were ready to download (m&f uk and m&f usa). I downloaded the voices. When I tried to use voice control though, It chose a us voice which is ok, but the male voice was in the system, although I had downloaded both. Sorry to be so complicated, but will the male voice only recognise another male voice? If not, how to I change it over, I find nowhere to select!
  • WolfMan_007WolfMan_007 Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hi,

I also would like to use english voice control on my TomTom Go6200.
    Could you provide the US and the UK version.
    I assume Serena and Malcolm voice for the UK version.
    Tom and Samantha for the US version.

br Wolf
    Hi @WolfMan_007

Added the Serena and Malcolm voice (UK version) on your device to download.

Cheers, lampard
    I just don't understand why the questions don't get answered. Is it overwork?
    Hi @Magwa

No the sex of voice makes no difference.

To change voice

Tap Menu
    Tap Settings
    Tap Voices
    Tap The Voice shown against Choose a Voice and select a different voice from the List. Make sure you scroll all the way Upa nd Down to see the whole list.
    Then select the options you want lower down. These only are limited if you choose a Recorded Voice.

Doug
  • WolfMan_007WolfMan_007 Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hi @lampard,

The voices are working pretty good.

Thank you for the ultra-fast support !

Br Wolf