Software version Rollback requests | Battery issues | Runner & Spark watch series

Comments

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 2,264 Superuser
    Hi @Michael Donald

This is the last post to you from @lampard if you have done what he asked you to do and it did not work then tell him as others have when noting the Backdate was not there when they did the reset. He offered it to them again..

Hi @Michael Donald

Please make a factory reset on you watch and the version 1.3.255 will be offered to you in Sports Connect. Please note that you'll loose the latest features like Personalized Workouts, Fitness Age, Control of syncing and alerts. See if this improves the situation!

Cheers, lampard

Doug
  • Michael DonaldMichael Donald Posts: 7 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Hi again Doug-
    I already performed the factory reset and I checked the battery discharge problem that it isn't resolved.

I performed the factory reset and the firmware version shows 1.7.64 (not 1.3.255)
    edited April 5
    Hi @Michael Donald

Did you get offered the backdate option offered in Sports Connect? You then have to download it from there I assume.
  • Michael DonaldMichael Donald Posts: 7 [Apprentice Seeker]
    I didn't see a backdate option offered in Sports Connect. It didn't ask me to make any choice.
    HI @Michael Donald

Another after you in the post advised him the Backdate was not there and @lampard loaded it again.

Hopefully @lampard can do the same for you when he sees this.

Doug
  • lampardlampard Posts: 3,883 TomTom Moderator
    Hi @Michael Donald

I'm not sure what went wrong there but I already made changes in the backend to rollback the software version to 1.3.255 back when you first posted it. I've re-checked this and it seems perfect here, can you first make a Power-off reset on your watch followed by a factory reset on it? This should offer you the old version.

Note: I've moved the comments by you and Doug from your new discussion topic here.

Thanks, lampard
    @JCL123 @Sighthound82 The downgrade of the software won't help in case of syncing issue with the Phone or computer as rollback helps . Is your watch recognized by Sports Connect? If yes, then please make a factory reset on your watch> once you reset the watch, close all the running apps on your iPhone by double-clicking Home button and drag all running apps up to exit them. Then, reset your iOS device pressing the Home and On/Off buttons at the same time and hold them until the Apple logo appears (about 10-15 seconds). Once this is done, start from the scratch and reset the connections by removing the existing Bluetooth connections from your smartphone, see here: iOS

Thanks, lampard
  • pelpostpelpost Posts: 2 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Hi.
    My Adventurer is just two weeks old. And i have empty battery, from full, after less than one hour activity, using the gps.
    Battery time clock only is less than one week.
  • tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 15,612 Superusers
    pelpost wrote: »
    Hi.
    My Adventurer is just two weeks old. And i have empty battery, from full, after less than one hour activity, using the gps.
    Battery time clock only is less than one week.

If you search the forums you will find this is a known issue for many users with the recent updates. Try letting the battery fully drain and then do a factory reset and if that does not work go to this post and ask the moderator to roll back your firmware version to 1.3.255 which may fix it.

https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/1030088/software-version-rollback-requests-battery-issues-runner-spark-watch-series#latest

If you just got the watch I would take care with your buying decision considering TomTom left the wearables business 18 months ago and is just selling out their inventory. All production and development has stopped and there will be no new features or changes to the existing features in the future. There is no longer support by email or phone and replacement straps are near impossible to find. If you are able, you may want to consider returning the device and going with another brand that is active in the sports watch market and intends to continue producing and supporting devices.
  • pelpostpelpost Posts: 2 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Please set my watch back to 1.3.255

I don't know how I can set the watch back to fabric. Can't find how to
  • sarah_MARsarah_MAR Posts: 0 [New Seeker]
    just unpacked tom tom adventurer, connected and charged.
    but on my first trail run today with HR & Gps (no music), it died after 2 hours. very disappointing.
    my version is 1.7.62.
    reading the various comments its seems there may be a fix for this but have not quite understood what. Could you kindly advise.
    thanks
    Sarah
  • Sighthound82Sighthound82 Posts: 3 [Apprentice Seeker]
    lampard wrote: »
    @JCL123 @Sighthound82 The downgrade of the software won't help in case of syncing issue with the Phone or computer as rollback helps . Is your watch recognized by Sports Connect? If yes, then please make a factory reset on your watch> once you reset the watch, close all the running apps on your iPhone by double-clicking Home button and drag all running apps up to exit them. Then, reset your iOS device pressing the Home and On/Off buttons at the same time and hold them until the Apple logo appears (about 10-15 seconds). Once this is done, start from the scratch and reset the connections by removing the existing Bluetooth connections from your smartphone, see here: iOS

Thanks, lampard

Thanks, @lampard , I am now able to pair my watch again, but the trouble about draining my battery in the watch remains - so it is possible to downgrade the firmware? Thanks
  • ChallaChalla Posts: 0 [New Seeker]
    Battery does not last even an hour
  • Sighthound82Sighthound82 Posts: 3 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Hi,
    is there any active admin here or the whole support of TomTom run away already?
    BR, Stepan
    edited April 25
    HI @Sighthound82

Did you not notice that one of the contributors here is a Tomtom Moderator. He hasn't run away.

Doug
  • nebhuskernebhusker Posts: 1 [Apprentice Seeker]
    @lampard , I would like to set my Spark 3 back to version 1.3.255 as I also have the battery issue and have tried all of the other suggestions like factory reset with no luck, it's actually getting worse. Thank you!
  • SpagySpagy Posts: 1 [Apprentice Seeker]
    @lampard,
    Could I get also the option to rollback software version to 1.3.255 please. My watch is nearly 2 years old but the battery drains too fast now and makes the watch non-usable. Previous factory resets did not help. Thanks.
    Hi there,

Sorry for my late reply!

@Sighthound82 @nebhusker @Spagy This can be the case of depleted battery and rolling back to version version won't help as the watch linked to your account is two plus years old. But make a factory reset on you watch and the version 1.3.255 will be offered to you in Sports Connect. Please note that you'll loose the latest features like Personalized Workouts, Fitness Age, Control of syncing and alerts. See if this improves the situation!

@Challa Can you first try the Factory reset on your watch and give it a test run to see if it helps?

Thanks, lampard
  • ati_runsati_runs Posts: 2 [Novice Seeker]
    Hi TomTom community!

I have TomTom Runner 2 Cardio + Music.
    My battery used to last pretty long.. I was able to get like 3 or more runs with one charge.
    But lately my battery started to get low very soon, even when I'm not using it. And when I'm running I am not even turning on the heart rate monitor.

I did the factory reset, twice. (btw, it TomTom sport didn't ask me to which version I want to switch (I am using macbook version of the application)).
    I also made sure to check these instructions here - everything is ok.
    https://uk.support.tomtom.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/17796/~/watch-battery-losing-charge-too-quickly

I have this watch only for 2 years (not even full two years).

Why is my battery draining so quickly? Is it a firmware issue?
    Firmware version currently on the watch: 1.7.64

Is it possible to do a firmware rollback?

Please advice.
    Hi @ati_runs

Welcome to the Community! This can be the case of depleted battery and we've seen that rolling back to version 1.3.255 helped some of the users. Please note that you'll loose the latest features like Personalized Workouts, Fitness Age, Control of syncing and alerts when on 1.3.255.

I've now put you on old version 1.3.255, please make a factory reset on you watch and it will be offered to you in Sports Connect.See if this improves the situation!

Thanks, lampard
  • ati_runsati_runs Posts: 2 [Novice Seeker]
    Hi Lampard,
    lampard wrote: »
    Hi @ati_runs

Please note that you'll loose the latest features like Personalized Workouts, Fitness Age, Control of syncing and alerts when on 1.3.255.

what do you mean by control of syncing exactly? Please let me know.

Thank you.

Ati.

• Danny_Danny_ Posts: 1 [Novice Seeker]
    edited May 10
    Hi,

I have the battery drain issue on my Tomtom Adventurer. The battery lasts under an hour with GPS and heart rate sensor turned off. During excercise the battery drains goes from full to empty in less than half an hour. I have done multiple factory resets and they didn't solve the problem. I noticed the problem right after upgrading to the latest firmware. I request a rollback to the previous firmware. Thank you!

- Danny
  • purplepigspurplepigs Posts: 2 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Hello-

I recently got a Spark 3 (I didn't realize that TomTom was getting out of wearables and now I cannot return the watch). My battery is rapidly losing power even with tracking, GPS, heart rate, music all off.

@lampard

I am using version 1.7.64 on my TomTom Spark 3 w Music. My battery is draining super fast could you please roll me back to 1.3.255? Thank you.
  • delbouananidelbouanani Posts: 2 [New Seeker]
    Hi @lampard
    I'm in trouble with my SPARK3 since the last update 1.7.64, I did reset more than once but the progress bar stuck in the last part of the process otherwise the computer app results show a succeed reset.
    by unplugging USB cable the watch restart but screen stuck at TOMTOM logo permanently, buttons are working, activity tracking is working and by pressing button aleatory I've been able to start an exercise and sync data over USB.
    I've tried to completely discharge the watch and reset it, power off and reset, changing USB cable, creating a new account, nothing seems to fix the issue.
    the display changes only when i keep holding down button to hard reset the watch
    I'm kindly asking for your help, may binding my account with an earlier version will resolve my issue
    @Danny_ @purplepigs @delbouanani I've now put you on the version 1.3.255 and if you make a factory reset on the watch, it'll be offered in Sports Connect to download. See if it improves the situation! You'll loose the latest features like Personalized Workouts, Fitness Age, Control of phone notifications when on 1.3.255.

Thanks, lampard