tomtom go 730-it has stopped working, the map does not appear — TomTom Community

tomtom go 730-it has stopped working, the map does not appear

RETEN69RETEN69 Posts: 3 [Apprentice Seeker]
good morning, I tried to update my tomtom go 730 and it has stopped working, the map does not appear, does anyone know what could have happened?

Best Answer

Answers

• RETEN69RETEN69 Posts: 3 [Apprentice Seeker]
    edited April 2019
    When I try to download the map again, it says that I do not have space in my memory and I also said that the map of Western Europe was not compatible.
  • dhndhn Posts: 33,278 Superusers
    You can add a 16 gb SD card to the device. Also, a good chance the moderator here, @VikramK , can reactivate the map on your device.
  • RETEN69RETEN69 Posts: 3 [Apprentice Seeker]
    muchas gracias Vikram
  • dhndhn Posts: 33,278 Superusers
    VikramK wrote: »
    Hi @dhn the device will only support memory expansion upto 2GB (SD Card)( J4 )

Regards
    Vikram

I respectfully disagree, @VikramK. That may be the Tomtom party line but I stand by my statement.

My first Tomtom in 2007 was a 720 which also supposedly had a max of 2 gb sd card. However, with the last application and bootloader installed, I had a 16 gb card with maps in there. The same goes for 730s
  • justmebrowsingjustmebrowsing Posts: 389 [Supreme Pioneer]
    edited April 2019
    I agree with dhn, ALL these NAV2 devices from the x20's onwards will easily run a 16 or even 32GB SD or MicroSD card without a problem. Only the previous, older devices like the One, XL, x00's & x10's need a different bootloader to read bigger SD cards.
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 9,012 TomTom Moderator
    edited April 2019
    Guys :lol:

Just sticking to the internal documentation & the FAQ info- http://uk.support.tomtom.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2634

If a 16GB card works, I am absolutely fine with it :)

Regards
    Vikram
  • HarvzHarvz Posts: 6 [Master Traveler]
    Hi - can Vikram, or another moderator, add the Western Europe map back into my account, so that I can download and replace the map deleted during the upgrade of my Go720? I realise that it is too large for the internal memory, but I plan to use the map on the memory card?
  • HarvzHarvz Posts: 6 [Master Traveler]
    All ok now- got Western Europe map back onto Go720, although needed to be on SD card.
  • RazzllaRazzlla Posts: 12 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hi VikramK, I have an XXL purchased in USA during a holiday there in 2011, I have updated as requested by TT for the GIS update but now the device has stopped working despite there being spare memory etc. I’m desperate to get it working again as we leave for the USA in 2 weeks again. How can I fix this? Happy to have any help on this. It turns on but freezes on the start up screen after the drum roll.