Notifications don't work — TomTom Community

Notifications don't work

PppOOOPppOOO Posts: 3 [New Seeker]
I just did my first software update on the runner 3 and i put the settings for notifications the right way but no sms or calls come in, also on the app I put the notification setting on.
Does anyone have a solution?

Answers

• tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 15,787 Superusers
    There has not been a software update on the watch side in over a year (TT Sports actually went out of business 18 months ago) so what update did you apply? Was it an update to the app? Does the app even see the watch? Will it sync? Be aware that all you will get for notifications are those from the native phone and text apps, not third-party apps (like Facebook messenger or What's App). And all you get is single notification alert on a single screen, you cannot scroll through to recall missed ones or interact with it in any way. It essentially just telling you to look at your phone.

You can try and reset the connection following these steps. You first need to remove the watch from the phone's BT menu (in iOS you have it forget the device) after you reset or try pairing again and remove the TomTom_MySports folder from the internal storage of the watch (plug it into a computer and you will see it as a hard drive and can delete it there). The steps are: uninstall the app, remove or forget the watch from the phone's BT menu, factory reset the watch, reinstall the app, select Pair New on the app, select Pair New on watch (press down from the clock and select Phone>Pair New, not Sync) and follow the prompts on the phone. You should not be pairing the watch first through the phone's BT menu; it is all done through the app and you must have the phone forget the watch in the BT menu before re-pairing.