Turn off petrol stations in route sidebar — TomTom Community

Turn off petrol stations in route sidebar

Hi, I have just bought a go 5200 having upgraded from a go 600. How do I turn off the petrol station icons appearing in the route bar on the side. I have gone into appearance and then routebar, but there is no setting in there to turn them off, and yet I could on the older go 600 model. I can only purchase fuel from a Shell garage due to company fuel card so knowing other garages along the route is a waste of time and obscures some of the more useful info to me. Appreciate any help....

Best Answer

• mbonnickmbonnick Posts: 2 [New Seeker]
    Accepted Answer
    Thank you, I swear I checked that about 5times and it wasn't there,but found it now. Thanks again..

Answers

• MyNameAllreadyExistsMyNameAllreadyExists Posts: 84 [Supreme Trailblazer]
    edited April 2019
    Menu>settings>Appearance>Route Bar>Route Information>Petrol stations slide off. @dhn https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/991679/turn-off-display-of-petrol-stations
  • mbonnickmbonnick Posts: 2 [New Seeker]
    Accepted Answer
    Thank you, I swear I checked that about 5times and it wasn't there,but found it now. Thanks again..
  • TomatoTomato Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    You do like to hide things away tomtom team. Just found how to remove petrol station icons. (After an Update which changed lots)
  • macfwlmacfwl Posts: 2 [Apprentice Seeker]
    How can I turn off poi displays on my map
  • macfwlmacfwl Posts: 2 [Apprentice Seeker]
    How can I turn o0ff POI displays (star) on my go supreme maps
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 18,664
    Superusers
    edited November 2020
    Hi
    @macfwl
    welcome to the post....
    Do you mean the MyPlaces Star Icons on the Map ??? Sorry but you can't Turn off the MyPlaces Icons....

This is the workaround I use....
    Many users have asked for the facility to back up their MyPlaces to a PC....
    You can create a Personal POI Category of your MyPlaces to replace the MyPlaces list, and their Icons on your device
    Or even Create Multiple Personal POI Categories as required....
    With Personal POI Categories you can choose whether to or not to display the Icons on the Map....
    See... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1732767/#Comment_1732767

Stay Safe... ATB YFM