Putts not syncing properly to the Sports App

2»

Comments

• SinnetSinnet Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I have the same problem - I can play a round in +6 but the app shows -16
    I'm so tired of TomTom that I'm considering switching to the competitor.
    I can not understand why golfer 2 can not show daily steps etc in the app - TomTom is so far behind compared to others on the market.

Customer service does not exist in any way - never gets a response - besides a standard mail.

bad
  • Jack8868Jack8868 Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Same problem here, hope they can resolve this soon
  • NsimmoNsimmo Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Same problem!
  • Biggun9Biggun9 Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Looks like these watches have become just a gps device. The app side is an absolute waste of time. It’s become an absolute joke I shot 12 today and even shows on my watch but when syncing it’s not imputed several hole and showing I shot -30.
    I got the watch so I could monitor the mistakes on rounds but looks like going back to writing on the cards.
    Good old pencil and card.
    Tomtom golfer app was loads better but as there getting out of Golf looks like the watches are becoming paper weights.
  • Golf_1999Golf_1999 Posts: 4 [Master Traveler]
    I found that, if I remember to add the putts by covering the face of the watch with the palm of my hand, it generally counts them OK, but if I add the putt by pressing 'up' on the button at the appropriate point, those ones don't sync. Similarly, attempting to add penalty strokes by pressing 'up' won't sync.
  • Marshall99Marshall99 Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Exactly the same problem. Stopped working properly after update 1.2.110. Makes large part of the watch function totally pointless. Obviously a wide issue so a reply from TomTom would be appreciated.
  • PlascochPlascoch Posts: 24 [Apprentice Traveler]
    TomTom does nothing I have raised a support issue 2 months ago to get it fixed. So far they have done nothing to fix it. If you read other threads on this forum you will find that virtually none of the problems / requests for improvements reported are fixed.

My conclusions are that someone should report TomTom to the advertising standards authority for misleading customers. The promotion video shows that you can perform post match analysis is clearly misleading as you can not do what the video shows because it does not work.
  • KristerKrister Posts: 5 [Master Explorer]
    I do have the problem too and considering bying some other watch like the Garmin S20 that hopefully is better working and have better battery capacity. Seems like Tomtom is out of business and will never fix the current problems with the Golfer x watch.
    Same problem as reported in these threads "Golfer 2 SE and golfer app have different score" on Android phone and another on an iPhone "iPhone not recording putts"

Three threads all the same the app does not work as specified in the promotional video that says you can perform post match analysis. You cannot do this because it is always wrong.
    This problem has been reported about 7 or 8 times with different thread titles see my report about the same problem on the Android app
    Same problem reported on many threads for over two months no attempt from tomtom to say when it will be fixed
    All of these comments here from several other Golfer 2 / Golfer 2SE owners report "me too" the oldest report is 4 months ago and still not fixed yet. This shows a blatant disregard for TomTom Golfer 2 / 2SE users. Why is there no official response on any of these topics or even an acknowledgement that there is a problem? Does TomTom not care that its product does not work as specified in their own promotional videos. If you have the same problem like this topic and even maybe raise a support request as I have already done.
  • lampardlampard Posts: 3,964 TomTom Moderator
    Hi All,

We are looking into the cause of this issue. We do see now that it seems to be caused by the watch itself.

I'll keep you guys posted here once there's an update on this.

Regards, lampard
    Help others find useful content by clicking the like button and selecting the best answer to your question! You can check out our Knowledge Base and find the best comments on the Community here.
    Most important of all, have fun and be kind to one another!

• Hi I have exactly the same problem on the same software version 1.2.110
    • Input puts by covering watch face = put transferred to App
    • Input puts by pushing the button = failed to transfer
    Also a little bit more of an issue
    • Walking up the fairway putting the driver back in the bag and the watch interprets the action of putting the cover on as a stroke!!!!!
    • Noted about 3 similar events
    Like the watch but not the App; however I paid for the described functionality and if it is not available by next week then the watch goes back "not merchantable quality"
    FYI tried TT customer support - no luck.

Regards
    Earl_H

Edit - Looked up the comment "TomTom leaving wearables" now understand why no support and no updates = Returning it to Amazon ASAP
  • Broonie190487Broonie190487 Posts: 6 [Master Explorer]
    Hi @lampard

thanks for commenting. Do you have any understanding on whether a fix will actually be looked for/acheivable?

It is a huge part of the "functonality" and after game market. I struggle however to see how it can be the watch and not the software version given that it worked perfectly before this version release? so something in the code change, not that watch on everyones wrist but perhaps i have misunderstood your comment

cheer
    Hi @Broonie190487 @MarttiP @krister-larsson_un44 @Marshall99 @Earl_h looks like @lampard cares as much as TomTom support, cant even be bothered to reply. I don't think anything will be fixed unless the watch actually explodes on your wrist and causes bodily harm
  • JürgenJürgen Posts: 4,745 Community Manager
    Hi @lampard

thanks for commenting. Do you have any understanding on whether a fix will actually be looked for/acheivable?

It is a huge part of the "functonality" and after game market. I struggle however to see how it can be the watch and not the software version given that it worked perfectly before this version release? so something in the code change, not that watch on everyones wrist but perhaps i have misunderstood your comment

cheer
    Our original thinking was that this would be caused by the back-end. However, since we can reproduce the issue we understand that this is caused by the watch software itself during manually adding putts on the green. We are now looking into a fix.
    HI Jurgen, it is not only manually entered putts. for example if you go into a hazard and forget to add a stroke by "covering the screen" at the hazard and add the stroke at the end of the hole it is recorded on the watch but not transferred to the app. The post match analysis and automatic stroke detection is a good idea but the implementation is poor and this makes the app worse than useless.
  • KristerKrister Posts: 5 [Master Explorer]
    Plascoch wrote:
    Hi @Broonie190487 @MarttiP @krister-larsson_un44 @Marshall99 @Earl_h looks like @lampard cares as much as TomTom support, cant even be bothered to reply. I don't think anything will be fixed unless the watch actually explodes on your wrist and causes bodily harm
    I do like the Golfer 2 "interface" but since int's not working like adviretized anymore I'me now a happy Garmin S20 user ;-) Works like a charm on course and with after golf statistics besides having a battery life giving me 76% left after a 18 hole round.
  • RintyMonRintyMon Posts: 13 [Outstanding Explorer]
    I have the same problem with the score on the watch (which is correct) not syncing properly with the app. But more frustratingly, the edit function is poor. The only thing you can edit on the pc (web site) is the golf club name - not the score! And trying to edit on the app is almost impossible. If I add a putt, the app freezes. I have to restart the app for every shot I need to add. 63 shots failed to sync this morning so I won't be wasting my Sunday sorting the shoddy app out!

Does anybody else share my frustration with the edit function or am I doing something wrong?
  • Jo KingJo King Posts: 1 [New Traveler]
    I have connected the watch to my laptop to charge & then to the phone. When I went to the 3rd hole to confirm how far I hit my 6 iron, it did not have that shot on there. SAid I had a birdie, not a bogey. BUT IT SHOWS ON THE WATCH.
    I have deleted the score from the app, hpping that the correct info would be updated, but that has not happened either. So now I have the correct info on the watch, no info on the app & the wrong info on the website.
    You think TomTom would be user friendly. It does not appear that way.
  • JürgenJürgen Posts: 4,745 Community Manager
    Please connect your watches to TomTom Sports Connect to be offered software build 1.2.111 with a fix to this issue.
    Well it's over seven months since I tried to use this watch to look at the scores or shot analysis and now I can not get the rounds that are on the watch to synch with the app on my phone or even when I connect the phone to sports connect. Nothing gets transferred / synched to the app or the web-site. Well I guess that is the fix from before where it was incorrect when the data was transferred now it will never be incorrect on the app because it just stays on the watch and never transfers. Great fix
  • KARMATYKARMATY Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I have a Golfer 2 and really like the product. It has worked perfectly well until recently (I think until the firmware update in March). The issue is that although I record my putts while on the course, when I sync to the App on my phone they either don't appear and I see only Strokes played or some appear. This is irksome as even though I then manually input the extra putts the score doesn't update on the App. The watch shows the correct number of strokes in the history.