TomTom Rider 550 and OnePlus 6 (Android Pie) keep forgetting connection — TomTom Community

TomTom Rider 550 and OnePlus 6 (Android Pie) keep forgetting connection

FricoRicoFricoRico Posts: 2 [New Traveler]
A month a go I bought a TomTom Rider 550 that I use daily in combination with my OnePlus 6 and Cardo PackTalk. I used the TomTom MyDrive app to connect my phone to the TomTom, however this connection is undone every day or so.

Neither my phone nor the TomTom seem to remember each other. 'Previously Paired Devices' does not show TomTom in the Bluetooth preferences, and TomTom only shows my intercom in it's paired device list. I have to go to the MyDrive app, and run through the pairing procedure all over again.

Another thing I noticed is that TomTom is seen as a 'input device' according to my phone. It has a D-pad (crosshair) icon on front of it, as if it were a game controller; not sure if both are related.

Has anyone else noticed the issue?

Answers

• RoadRiderRoadRider Posts: 283 [Supreme Pioneer]
    You can try this on your OnePlus 6

> Switch off your device
    > Hold power & volume buttons down
    > Enter password
    > Choose English (preferable)
    > Choose wiping data & cache
    > Choose wiping and NOT DATA
    > Confirm "Yes"
    > Reboot your device now
    > Go to settings > storage and memory
    > Choose cached data (at the bottom)
    > Click 'Ok' to clear off cached data

P.S. : This will clear the hidden caches which act as junks in your device completely but your files or folders remains safe.

There also seems to be a new update for the OnePlus 6 to solve some Bluetooth Issues.
  • MBelofMBelof Posts: 2 [New Traveler]
    edited June 14
    I have PRECISELY the same issue. I'm using Cardo Freecom 4+ instead. But the same problems. I cannot use any data from the Phone to show in the GPS scereen- It says "Not Possible to Connect". Pse. Help!
    Rider 550 IS NOT working according to the specs and expsectaions it announces. Deceptive purchase, so far

Besides, Why is WIFI always on? How can I turn Rider 550's WIFI OFF? It's useless while riding while eating up battery.
  • MBelofMBelof Posts: 2 [New Traveler]
    edited June 17
    RoadRider wrote: »
    You can try this on your OnePlus 6

> Switch off your device
    > Hold power & volume buttons down
    > Enter password
    > Choose English (preferable)
    > Choose wiping data & cache
    > Choose wiping and NOT DATA
    > Confirm "Yes"
    > Reboot your device now
    > Go to settings > storage and memory
    > Choose cached data (at the bottom)
    > Click 'Ok' to clear off cached data

P.S. : This will clear the hidden caches which act as junks in your device completely but your files or folders remains safe.

There also seems to be a new update for the OnePlus 6 to solve some Bluetooth Issues.

It just doesn't work! Nothing changes. The Rider 550 keeps ignoring the Phone :-( and bluetooth "Disconnected". :((
    This is obviously something wrong with the BT version of the OP6. I have tried 2 other recent model phones Samsung and Huawei and it worked alright: the phone icon appears in the Rider and I was able to make and receive calls and sms. But those were not my phones. Mine is the OP6. Hopefully this Bluetooth issue for more compatibility will be addressed in a forthcoming firmware version for the Rider 550. So far NOT GOOD! :-((
    Maybe someone knows a way to get around this issue and make us able to fully use the Rider 550 which otherwise seems to be a fine rig.
  • FricoRicoFricoRico Posts: 2 [New Traveler]
    I used to have this problem, but both my TomTom Rider and OnePlus 6 updated as of late. Either one of them fixed the issue. Now it connects fine every time.

The whole system cache wipe did nothing for me.