MAP V1025 - Restoring map v1020 — TomTom Community

MAP V1025 - Restoring map v1020

I tried to download map v1025 onto my 750 LIVE which has a 4GB card where I normally store my maps. I appear to be approx 540MB short. When I switch on the 750 now it asks me to load a map Europe (which is the only one shown) and when selected I get the message Map 101852 cannot be used. The device will not allow any other start screen even after a hard reset. Checking the 4GB card on WIN7 shows only 423MB free with the 3443MB part of v1025 map. It would appear that the v1025 map is too big.

I would like to get rid of the part of the v1025 map and return to the v1020 map which did work but that map has been deleted from my device.

Is there anyone out there can help me with my predicament - my 750 is currently unusable.
jack

Answers

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 2,934 Superuser
    Hi @jackbarry

I think that you should contact Customer support to see if they can give you a smaller map which will fit on your Internal memory. Check with them how to do that . Then having got that map loaded on the internal memory then get a bigger SD card, say 16gb although they may say 8GB will do , then you will be able to load the 10.25 map and any future updates to that.

Doug

• jackbarryjackbarry Posts: 5 [Master Explorer]
    Thank you for replying. Customer support won't be interested as the GO 750 LIVE is no longer supported.
    jack
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 2,934 Superuser
    Hi Jack

I would give them a try it only involve them adding a small map to your account so you can load it on the internal memory. It could be any country. Then I think you can try again to load the map you were trying to load.

Doug