START 50- How to get EU map? United Kingdom and Poland — TomTom Community

START 50- How to get EU map? United Kingdom and Poland

MateuMateu Posts: 4 [Apprentice Seeker]
Hi, I have a tomtom start 50 with a lifetime update. I found some trouble while installing the map through the software
What I need is both at the same time, map of United Kingdom and Poland and other xountries on the way.
A possibility for a little help here?
Tagged:

Comments

• nabunabu Posts: 16,890
    Superusers
    cf06c2n2g0o7.png
  • MateuMateu Posts: 4 [Apprentice Seeker]
    What about the lifetime update? Shouldn't it be free?
  • nabunabu Posts: 16,890
    Superusers
    elle est bien gratuite.
    she is free.
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 9,084
    Superuser
    Hi @Mateu

When you bought Start 50 what map came with it.

If you have the full European Map then that covers all the European countries from Poland to Uk and in-between.

A Start 50 only has 4gb of internal memory and the full European map is 8.9gb so if you get a Micro SD Class 10 Memory card, size 16mb or max 32gb, then when you load the map it will be put on the extra memory card.

With this card and map your unit will create a route all the way and you do not need to change maps to do country by country.

Doug
  • marg 53marg 53 Posts: 1 [New Seeker]
    I was given the start 52 as a present. I can't find anywhere in the documentation a way of knowing whether the Europe map should be included. It didn't work as a sat nav in France last week. All it showed was my speed. I've spent most of the day trying to download a route for next time. The map appears on the computer but not on the device. Arrgh
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 9,084
    Superuser
    Hi @marg 53

Here is the Full manual

http://download.tomtom.com/open/manuals/start_42_52_62/refman/TomTom-START-EU-RG-en-gb.pdf

To find Map on the unit

Tap Menu
    Tap Settings
    Tap Map
    It should show you top Right the current selected map against the Option Change Map. The option below that is Add a Map and you can use this option to put more maps on the unit.

It could be the only map on the unit is UK and ROI which will explain why you could not get routing to work in France. If you are likely to want to use the unit abroad again then you can purchase Western Europe or a Full Europe map which covers about 45 countries and you can search the whole map and create routes without having to select countries.

When you have more than 1 map loaded on the unit the Option Change Map will list them so you can select them.

One thing to bear in mind is that the Full European map is now about 8.9 GB and the Start 52 has 16GB of internal memory. Check how much space is available on your unit in MyDrive Connect, deduct 400mb required for Operational purposes, then see whether you have enough space left for the map. If there is any doubt then get a Micro SD Class 10 card by Sandisk, or Samsung or any other major manufacturer from a reputable supplier and insert it in the Card slot on the unit. A 16gb or Max32 GB card is recommended.

All the best

Doug