Help with my GO 620 — TomTom Community

Help with my GO 620

mangendavemangendave Posts: 4 [New Seeker]
edited March 27 in Welcome and support
when I updated my go620 it erased my usa map and decided that I am in UK, as in Great Britain. So now I can't download the usa. is there some place I can get help the website is worthless for this

Answers

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 3,368 Superuser
    Hi @mangendave

If you Tap Menu
    Tap Settings
    Tap Maps
    Tap Change Map is the USA map listed there if so select it and away you go.

If you do not find the USA map when you Tap Change the Map then Tap Add a Map, find the USA map and download it to your unit.

If when you try to add the USA map there is not enough space on the internal memory to fit the USA Map as well as the UK map or European map if that what it is then I would fit a Micro SD Class 10 card, a Sandisk or Samsung or similar major maker from a reputable seller, and then it will load it on the extra memory.

I would avoid trying to delete the UK map to get the required space.in case that causes a problem.

When you have done that you could look to swop the USA map to the internal memory after you have moved the UK map to the external memory. You should avoid the situation whereby you do not have a map on the device as this causes boot up problems

Doug
  • mangendavemangendave Posts: 4 [New Seeker]
    trying to load the usa map crashes. the dowlaod has failed 9 times
    the unit bumps to the myconnect UK and they want 49$ for the map which should be opn the device. plus they wont "ship to us is there a way to hard re-boot.
    Hi @mangendave

Sounds like you have downloaded MyDrive Connect from the UK website .

Have you tried deleting the Software then going to the USA website and having made sure that it says USA at the bottom of the page then download the MyDrive Software from there.

Doug

@lampard Any thoughts.

Doug
    good suggestions - since I am about to travel and don't want to risk the map and routes I have logged I am going to suspend fixing this till I get back but you have given me strategies to try thanks