VIA Live 120, no longer supported now lost live traffic

Tomtom stopped supporting my satnav last year but it continued to work with live traffic. On 24th March I had a message saying Live subscription was about to expire, I went on MyDrive and thought I had renewed it.
However today Live Traffic stopped working and it seems I am no longer able to renew it, is this the case? It was working perfectly up until today so why can I no longer have it on my Via Live 120?
I guess TomTom just want me to spend £300+ on a new one, great marketing!!

Answers

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 2,810 Superuser
    Hi @howdenbiker

Once a unit is declared obsolete then Tomtom will only honour any currently paid for subscriptions and will not renew one they expire

You can check whether or not your unit is considered obsolete by having a look at the Announcement made by VikramK in January 208 and the updated list added to that announcement in March 2019.

If you cannot find your unit listed there then I would query the information given by Customer Support.

Doug
  • howdenbikerhowdenbiker Posts: 26 [Outstanding Explorer]
    Thanks, I know the unit is obsolete in Tomtom's eyes so it looks like I'll have to fork out for a new one, I'll check out Garmin
  • WhiteSapphireWhiteSapphire Posts: 39 [Renowned Trailblazer]
    Thanks, I know the unit is obsolete in Tomtom's eyes so it looks like I'll have to fork out for a new one, I'll check out Garmin

You could do that, and Garmin do make a fine unit, but dig deeper and I'm sure you'll find the same litany of obsolescence. It's all part and parcel of the advancement of technology. On the other hand, we could all still use house bricks for telephones, and Magellan GPS units with 2" monochrome LCD screen and a crude arrow to point the way! :3
  • howdenbikerhowdenbiker Posts: 26 [Outstanding Explorer]
    Yes, was being a bit tongue in cheek, I actually like Go 6200 and much prefer it to Garmin. My Volvo has built in sat nav but it is always way out with estimated ETA's.