Playlist show up in Sports Connect but NOT on watch — TomTom Community

Playlist show up in Sports Connect but NOT on watch

rvlithrvlith Posts: 5 [Apprentice Seeker]
edited March 2019 in TomTom Adventurer
Hello, I've been trying everything to get playlists on my adventurer but nothing is working.

SportsConnect will find created playlists, but when trying to upload them I always get the error "oops, something went wrong, can't copy...".
Using windows explorer, I have copied folders with the desired music under the "Music" folder of the TomTom. When I do that, sportsconnect shows playlists names as the folder names (as should happen), but when disconnscting the TomTom from my computer, no playlists show up in the menu. All I ever get is "All Music" when navigating to my playlists.

And yes, I have multiple times tried soft and hard resets of the watch and re-trying the same steps. No matter what I do, no specific playlists are under 'playlists' on the watch, despite them showing up just fine in SportsConnect.

Any help would be very much appreciated......

Comments

• tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,350
    Superusers
    Are you playlist composed of DRM protected tracks? The watch does not support files with DRM of any type. This includes offline tracks from Apple Music and Spotify. Sports Connect will not count any DRM tracks as part of a playlist, so if all the tracks in a playlist are DRM then the playlist will not be shown at all and if the playlist is all DRM it will not show any songs at all.
  • rvlithrvlith Posts: 5 [Apprentice Seeker]
    @tfarabaugh no, none of the tracks are DRM. I should note that several months ago, I added folders with music files the same way (using explorer) and a playlist properly showed up (named after the folder name).

However, that same method is now not working anymore.

Very frustrating, as I would like genres separated instead of funk, rock, soul etc. all mixed and shuffled randomly.
    I do appreciate you taking the time to reply, so thank you. I hope you have a suggestion.

R
    anyone?
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 6,202
    Superuser
  • tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,350
    Superusers
    DougLap wrote: »

I already answered with what I know. I am just a user, I have no special sauce, unfortunately. I would try completely clearing the Music partition of the watch, doing a factory reset and starting all over.
    Unfortunately this simply does not appear to work anymore. I have done everything I can think of, including factory resets and starting over, but using the watch as extra drive and adding separate music folders on it does not result in each folder showing up as a separate playlist on the watch anymore.

All the music contained in the folders DOES play by the way, but all shuffled together as 1 big playlist.

It's unfortunate, since I'd like to listen to audiobook chapters every once in a while, but this is pretty much impossible now with just 1 giant playlist and no possibility of having a separate playlist with just the audiobook chapters. :(