TomTom- No GPS Signal 2019 | Week Number Roll-Over | TIMER Reset 00.00 | Error-"You cannot use this map"

https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/1112782/tomtom-no-gps-signal-2019#latest

Can't pair watch to iphone

Hi, I've had my runner 3 for 2 years now and no issues. Recently it wouldn't upload to the app on my phone although it seemed to be still connected. I did a factory reset and am trying to pair once again. When I go to "Phone-pair new" and go right, it just jumps back to the settings menu, even if I keep my finger on the button to go right. I can't keep the pair new screen open long enough for it to pair to my phone.

Any suggestions?
Thanks.

Answers

• tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 15,612 Superusers
    Reset the connection following these steps. You first need to remove the watch from the phone's BT menu (in iOS you have it forget the device) after you reset or try pairing again and remove the TomTom_MySports folder from the internal storage of the watch (plug it into a computer and you will see it as a hard drive and can delete it there). The steps are: uninstall the app, remove or forget the watch from the phone's BT menu, factory reset the watch, reinstall the app, select Pair New on the app, select Pair New on watch (press down from the clock and select Phone>Pair New, not Sync) and follow the prompts on the phone. You should not be pairing the watch first through the phone's BT menu; it is all done through the app and you must have the phone forget the watch in the BT menu before re-pairing.
  • Running TRunning T Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I had the same issue as Eilis (above). I followed Chat instructions, but am now left with a phone in Asian / Korean (?) language, with no language settings to adjust. the Chat service are due to email me, so I can send them photos of my watch. It feels like a 'virus' infected the software. All of this because the battery was losing its charge in less than 24hrs... I'm awaiting more customer service, but am not hopeful.