TomTom- No GPS Signal 2019 | Week Number Roll-Over | TIMER Reset 00.00 | Error-"You cannot use this map"

https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/1112782/tomtom-no-gps-signal-2019#latest

No Maps Found

angela_T_1982angela_T_1982 Posts: 1 [New Seeker]
I contacted support on 8th Feb - technician had remote access to my computer and device [Tomtom go live 750] was informed my device was not longer supported - offered to send me a new device at cost of over £189. Said no and asked him to sever contact with my computer - went on to inform me that various issues were found with my computer [numerous drivers missions etc] and that he could rectify this for me for a fee. Again said no.

Went to use my tom tom for the first time since then and it informs me that there are "no maps found"

Logged on to Tomtom home and it now tells me that the device is not supported by phone or on line and I'm now stuck!!

My live services is still runnin until the middle of March but i have no device to use!!

HELP......

Answers

• dhndhn Posts: 33,127 Superusers
    Call again but do not provide a model when prompted in order for a live agent to respond:

United Kingdom
    02079 490 132
    Monday - Friday: 9:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
  • AmmarNooriAmmarNoori Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Tomtom services is sucks man!
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 7,238 TomTom Moderator
    edited March 12
    Hi @angela_T_1982

This sounds suspicious to me..

I just reviewed your TomTom account and I don't find an incident reference number for the contact..

Would you be able to add more information here about the website you used to contact customer service. We have come across some fraudulent websites that pretend to be TomTom Customer Care Rep's..

Thanks
    Vikram :)
    Have a question? Ask!
    Did a reply resolve your query, please mark it as answer!
    Try the search; the information you are looking for could already be available.
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 7,238 TomTom Moderator
    edited March 26
    @angela_T_1982

Did you get a notification for my post above..

I will need some help and cooperation from your end to bring down such fraudulent websites-

btw did you also land on the website which @IabC mentions in his comment here:

https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1631455/#Comment_1631455

I am just gathering more information to help our team investigate this better.

Would you be able to tell us the flow, how you landed on this scamming website?

Regards
    Vikram :)
    Have a question? Ask!
    Did a reply resolve your query, please mark it as answer!
    Try the search; the information you are looking for could already be available.