TT Go 620 Screen auto rotate — TomTom Community

TT Go 620 Screen auto rotate

I just bought this device and when I first started it, the screen would auto rotate when the device was turned upside down. I then updated it, and now it will not. This device is useless without this feature as I can only mount it upside down. I want the device to auto rotate. I had a Via 1435 and loved it, and then TT said it is not supporting the maps for this model and I should get this one. Well, this GO 620 is giant step backwards. Yes, it looks pretty, but it doesn't function as well.
Tagged:

Comments

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 6,098
    Superuser
    edited March 2019
    Hi @John10160

You can rotate the holder 180 degrees.

Doug
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 17,412
    Superusers
    edited November 2019
    Hi
    @John10160

The GO 620 screen does not Auto Rotate
    Only the New NAV4 & NAV5 Rider 4/5xx Motorcycle range auto rotate
    Landscape to portrait

Windscreen Mount...
    Twist the Mount around the ball 180 Degrees

4nrr7daiz535.png
    For Mounting on the Dashboard

9doccjsv12xl.png

Or

Do you mean the Driving View doesn't rotate in the direction of travel
    Have you tapped the Direction of travel Arrowhead Icon
    Note... The flattened squat Arrowhead Icon
    pid2uc3dcr2y.jpg
    This action will select the North-up Overview Planning Map instead of the Driving view Map ???
    See link for a previous Post and My reply
    https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1624516/#Comment_1624516
    ATB YFM

• MajosufeMajosufe Posts: 1 [New Traveler]
    @DougLap, great answer! So easy that I have never had that clue. Wow, I'm getting old or exaggerating the KISS principle!
  • SevennSevenn Posts: 1 [Apprentice Seeker]
    I bought a GO620 not quite 3 months ago and now it won't turn on. How to I contact somebody/anybody from TomTom about a replacement device. I tried but get stuck in a loop and nobody will answer me. This has been going on now for over a week. Can someone advise if there is an actual person I can speak/email to/with to get a replacement please.
  • dhndhn Posts: 33,308
    Superusers
    I don't know why you are posting in this thread but, nevertheless, here is the support number:

Australia
    1300 135 604
    Monday-Friday:9:00 am to 5:30 pm AEST
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 6,098
    Superuser
    edited November 2019
    Hi @Sevenn

Further to @dhn's advice when you ring customer support do not answer the questions but wait for an agent to answer.

Doug