Anyone found that live chat and customer service difficult to find and unhelpful now — TomTom Community

Anyone found that live chat and customer service difficult to find and unhelpful now

stevejmkstevejmk Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
I have yet another broken strap, they come with an 18month warranty. After half an hour I find live chat, only to be told that when they replace a strap, the replacement only gets a 6 month warranty!! Are they kidding? If my car burst into flames on the drive home, a new one doesn't come with a 1year.
They even admitted the strap is a known problem, but I got totally stonewalled, wouldn't even give me an email to complain to. Awful

Answers

• HepcityHepcity Posts: 1 [New Traveler]
    I am currently dealing with Live Chat and had the same response as you got. I had to state twice that they admitted the strap was defective and under UK Consumer Law they are required to replace defective items. Normally it is difficult as you have to prove they are defective however the Live Chat Bot admitted that there is a problem. Eventually they relented and are sending me a free replacement. BTW this will be my fifth strap for the watch.

• stevejmkstevejmk Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Yeah, I've had same number of replacement- I do get they must be losing a tonne of money on it. Live chat just stonewalled me, every question greeted with a long delay then 'is there anything else I can help you with?- you need to close live chat and go away so someone else can look at this!'. I was irritated at having to sort a new strap , now I'm fuming. If there's a known problem, they need to sort it. Sure my watch will die soon enough, and I bet these things are made in the far east for about a penny, so it will only cost them customers to be difficult.
  • Steve53CapewellSteve53Capewell Posts: 5 [New Seeker]
    Why is it so hard to get to live chat should have stuck with my snooper
  • Steve53CapewellSteve53Capewell Posts: 5 [New Seeker]
    I need the SIM card activated to get the live traffic I payed for days ago trucker 6000
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 6,161
    Superuser
    edited July 19
    Hi @Steve53Capewell

Try a Soft Reset ie Turn the unit on and then when ready press and hold the ON/Off button for about 20 seconds plus until you hear the drumroll sound then let the button go.

If that does not work then check your account on the My Drive Website and if you my Places and Any Poi and route files you have on the device are saved there then:-

Tap menu
    Tap Settings
    Tap System
    Tap Reset Device.

This will return the unit to the Out the Box position except the current Operating software and Map versions are not changed. Re set the device up and when it connects to your account it should restore your data .

If that does not work then Contacting Customer support is required. There are no phone lines with so many working from home. Does this help you gat through.

https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/1124472/contacting-customer-services

Doug