Anyone found that live chat and customer service difficult to find and unhelpful now — TomTom Community

Anyone found that live chat and customer service difficult to find and unhelpful now

stevejmkstevejmk Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
I have yet another broken strap, they come with an 18month warranty. After half an hour I find live chat, only to be told that when they replace a strap, the replacement only gets a 6 month warranty!! Are they kidding? If my car burst into flames on the drive home, a new one doesn't come with a 1year.
They even admitted the strap is a known problem, but I got totally stonewalled, wouldn't even give me an email to complain to. Awful

Answers

• HepcityHepcity Posts: 1 [New Traveler]
    I am currently dealing with Live Chat and had the same response as you got. I had to state twice that they admitted the strap was defective and under UK Consumer Law they are required to replace defective items. Normally it is difficult as you have to prove they are defective however the Live Chat Bot admitted that there is a problem. Eventually they relented and are sending me a free replacement. BTW this will be my fifth strap for the watch.

• stevejmkstevejmk Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Yeah, I've had same number of replacement- I do get they must be losing a tonne of money on it. Live chat just stonewalled me, every question greeted with a long delay then 'is there anything else I can help you with?- you need to close live chat and go away so someone else can look at this!'. I was irritated at having to sort a new strap , now I'm fuming. If there's a known problem, they need to sort it. Sure my watch will die soon enough, and I bet these things are made in the far east for about a penny, so it will only cost them customers to be difficult.