WNRO and GO60/61 - Is there going to be a problem? — TomTom Community

WNRO and GO60/61 - Is there going to be a problem?

Hi all,

I'll ask this question, though it shouldn't really be an issue.......

I have a GO60, about two and a half years old. I've already checked the serial No against the WNRO banner at the top of the forum screen, and it comes back as being unaffected by WNRO. However, today I get a message telling my my device will not function properly after April 6th........ ? :o ?

So which is correct? Will it, or won't it?

"Answers on a postcard please"

Best Answer

• LochfrassLochfrass Posts: 9,615 Superuser
    edited March 18 Accepted Answer
    VikramK wrote: »
    Hello All,

The GPS Week Number Roll-over (WNRO) on 6 April 2019 may have an impact on GPS performance. If you frequently update your device there’s no need to worry!
    • Current navigation devices (Nav4) are not impacted.
    • Sports and Action devices are not impacted.
    • Some older navigation devices (Nav3 = using to MyDrive Connect and Nav2 = using HOME) may be impacted.

Regards,
    Vikram
    https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/1108335/gps-week-number-roll-over/p1?new=1

Your Go60 is a Nav4 Device so it is not affected

Answers

• LochfrassLochfrass Posts: 9,615 Superuser
    edited March 18 Accepted Answer
    VikramK wrote: »
    Hello All,

The GPS Week Number Roll-over (WNRO) on 6 April 2019 may have an impact on GPS performance. If you frequently update your device there’s no need to worry!
    • Current navigation devices (Nav4) are not impacted.
    • Sports and Action devices are not impacted.
    • Some older navigation devices (Nav3 = using to MyDrive Connect and Nav2 = using HOME) may be impacted.

Regards,
    Vikram
    https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/1108335/gps-week-number-roll-over/p1?new=1

Your Go60 is a Nav4 Device so it is not affected

• WhiteSapphireWhiteSapphire Posts: 39 [Renowned Trailblazer]
    Hi Lochfrass,

That's what I thought, but it's rather odd that TomTom would send me a message saying otherwise - For those less tech savvy, I'd say a bit distressing (a bit like being screened for cancer, told you're in the clear, then getting a letter telling you you only have a few weeks to live :s ).