How do I find the serial number of a Carminat. — TomTom Community

How do I find the serial number of a Carminat.

rudeword2rudeword2 Posts: 3 [Apprentice Seeker]
I have tried updating my SD card on my 2014 Carminat and no new application for Week Number rollover appears. Is this because it has already been applied? I will be in Europe from April 8th so have very little time to correct if it fails.

Best Answer

• rudeword2rudeword2 Posts: 3 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Accepted Answer
    Thanks but the Connection Status is not active on my menu. However the System (Device?) Information gave an ID which looks much more like the serial number the GPS rollover page is asking for to check if the device needs updating. I have tried updating my SD card but no new software appears.

Answers

• VikramKVikramK Posts: 12,170 Moderator
    edited March 2019
    Hi rudeword2

Welcome to the community!

In the main menu-

-Tap on - Status and information- >Connection Status

v08ip57u64lj.png

The MUID is your device serial number...

Regards
    Vikram :)
    Accepted Answer
    Thanks but the Connection Status is not active on my menu. However the System (Device?) Information gave an ID which looks much more like the serial number the GPS rollover page is asking for to check if the device needs updating. I have tried updating my SD card but no new software appears.
    Using that serial number I am told I need not update. But the email from TomTom says "you will be impacted" and nowhere in the Carminat string does it mention how to check nor how to find the serial number. Panicking people unnecessarily me thinks.