How do I get my TomTom GO920 to accept the FULL postcode ?

Hi. I have an elderly TomTom GO 920. It has been a good device and still functions perfectly EXCEPT for:
After the last routine update I used the device and it will no longer accept the full post code of where I am going (ie LE11 3AB). It will only accept the first part (ie LE11) and I now have to find the full postal address - not as convenient.

Does anyone else had this, and does anyone know how to "correct" it so I can use the whole postcode ?
Tagged:

Answers

• dhndhn Posts: 33,188 Superusers
    Have you tried without a space?
  • Ritchie53Ritchie53 Posts: 4 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hi DHN. Unfortunately yes I have. I'll try again tomorrow just to be sure. Thanks for your suggestion though.
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 2,810 Superuser
    Hi @Ritchie53

How about making a backup then do a Full Reset of the unit.

If you have any POI files loaded you will have to restore them.

Doug
    Good idea - my computer already does a full back up when I routinely update the device anyway and no POI's on device so I'll give it a go. All maps on SIM card as well as device so shouldn't go wrong !

Many thanks.
    Further to the above and to anyone else who has "lost" their full postcode I did a factory reset. No luck there so google'd the problem. Lo and behold TomTom have a support page with the solution ! It is Updating to use Full Postcodes : you simply select the O/S you use on your PC and download a Zip file containing all the full 8 digit postcodes. Connect up your device and follow the instructions to paste the file and all is fixed. Very quick, very simple. Hallelulah !

The full link is

http://uk.support.tomtom.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/9852/~/updating-to-use-full-postcodes.

Good luck and thanks to those that answered. Looks like my GO 920 is good for a while yet !

Finally, my GO 920 is now so old that map support etc can no longer be provided by TomTom. They sent me and email giving a very generous discount off of a brand new 6200 model - when my GO 920 finally gives up I'll take them up on the offer.