Runner 3 watch no longer syncing to mobile app

My Runner 3 watch has not been syncing directly with the iPhone App for some time now. It syncs when I connect the watch to my laptop, but obviously this isn't ideal if I want to load my activities on the move.
I've tried uninstalling and re-installing the app but no luck. Please help!

Comments

• tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 15,612 Superusers
    You should start over and you first need to remove the watch from the phone's BT menu (in iOS you have it forget the device) after you reset or try pairing again. The steps are: uninstall the app, remove or forget the watch from the phone's BT menu, factory reset the watch, reinstall the app, select Pair New on the app, select Pair New on watch (press down from the clock and select Phone>Pair New, not Sync) and follow the prompts on the phone. You should not be pairing the watch first through the phone's BT menu; it is all done through the app and you must have the phone forget the watch in the BT menu before re-pairing.
  • PucasmanPucasman Posts: 11 [Apprentice Traveler]
    hello @tfarabaugh
    My phone can not sync with my phone either, I did everything I said up and nothing.
    my problem is that on the mobile phone does not appear the Pin with getting pair.

I saw in old discussions that the problem was the firmware version.
    I'd like to rollback to an earlier version.
  • tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 15,612 Superusers
    Pucasman wrote: »
    hello @tfarabaugh
    My phone can not sync with my phone either, I did everything I said up and nothing.
    my problem is that on the mobile phone does not appear the Pin with getting pair.

I saw in old discussions that the problem was the firmware version.
    I'd like to rollback to an earlier version.

A rollback will not likely help as that is for battery issues. Reset the connection following these steps. You first need to remove the watch from the phone's BT menu (in iOS you have it forget the device) after you reset or try pairing again and remove the TomTom_MySports folder from the internal storage of the watch (plug it into a computer and you will see it as a hard drive and can delete it there). The steps are: uninstall the app, remove or forget the watch from the phone's BT menu, factory reset the watch, reinstall the app, select Pair New on the app, select Pair New on watch (press down from the clock and select Phone>Pair New, not Sync) and follow the prompts on the phone. You should not be pairing the watch first through the phone's BT menu; it is all done through the app and you must have the phone forget the watch in the BT menu before re-pairing.