Request for adding a smaller map- Cannot format SD card- Add smaller map
Map updates,- No maps found, GO 500
edited March 10
I made a map update and it failed after that showed my TomTom go 500 "Re-install a map you already own or switch to the TomTom store to buy a new map." and who I go to Mydrive Connect does not show my map.
no maps found
EU maps, even with fewer buildings, have become too big for the on-board memory (8GB) of our devices. The operation of the device is blocked by the lack of free space.
The map must be installed on a microSD card class 10 of minimum 16GB (max 32GB).
For the message "No map found":
If you have a corrupted map, you must delete it.
- Open the submenu of the map, in "My content" go down in "My Maps", click on the map picture, not on the button and choose "Uninstall".
- Empty cache folder, close MDC window and right-click the MDC icon in the taskbar next to the clock.
==> choose "Settings"/"Downloads" tab/ "Empty download folder" button/"Save settings".
- Right-click on the MDC icon in the taskbar next to the clock
==> Choose "Quit".
For the microSD card:
TomTom uses a proprietary formatting mode performed by your device.
- Put the microSD card in the TomTom device, previously formatted in FAT32 with your PC.
- Reset your device: Press and hold the Power button for about 30 seconds until you hear a drum sound, then release the button.
The formatting starts automatically after the Reset, on the screen choose the option "Map".
Install EU full map
on the micro SD card. Because of its size 8553MB, MyDrive Connect will put it directly on the micro SD card.
- In MDC, open the submenu of the map, in "My content" go down in "My Maps", click on the map picture, not on the button and choose "Install Full Map With Buildings".
Hi. With SD card my Go500 is very slow. Isn't no more possible to install a smaller map in the internal memory? I remember that previous version of myDrive allowed to select country by country...
The only way to get a smaller map is either to see if you can persuade Customer Support to allocate a smaller map for you or you have to buy it.
One thing that is recommended is that after an update, which should be done one at a time , that you do a Soft Reset. Turn the unit on and when ready for use Hold the ON?OFF Button down for about 20 seconds until you hear the drumroll sound and it boots up again. This helps to tidy up the software etc in the unit.
You could try a Full Rest which restores it back to Factory settings without changing the Map. This will delete all data and you will have to set it up again. You will lose your Favourites, POI and Route files on the unit but they should be visible if you open MyDrive , not MyDrive Connect, and if they are their when you connect it back to your PC it will Sync them back to the GO500.
Hopefully the rests may help speed the unit up a bit.
I don't have this slow problem with a microSD in my TomTom device.
Try to do a
to see if it improve the responsiveness of your device.
- Press and hold the Power button for about 30 seconds until you hear a drum sound, then release the button.
Alas for our type of devices the map zones with only a few countries don't exist, only without buildings or with fewer buildings and without Russia.
You can try to contact TomTom customer service and ask kindly if you can have an individual map of your country of residence. This is not included in the subscription of our devices but I could have it without problem. So a map of less than 1GB that you can install on the internal memory.
You don't give in your profile your country of residence, look for the coordinates of your TomTom customer support in this topic: