Volume control Runner 3 — TomTom Community

Volume control Runner 3

RUNALOTRUNALOT Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
Is there a way to adjust the volume for the music on this watch? From what I'm reading you can't and this is pretty bad considering you can't test music volume before you purchase and its the only reason I got the watch so I didn't need my phone whilst running.

Comments

• tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,776
    Superusers
    Volume is controlled by the headphones, not the watch. the watch itself has no equalizer or amplifier function, it simply outputs a stream of data, which the headphones pick up. It is up to the headphones to control the volume.

I imagine this is not what you were hoping to hear but let me know if this answered your question. If it did, please mark it as a solution so other can look for it if they have the same question.
  • RUNALOTRUNALOT Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Unfortunately not all headphones have volume control either, so it would be good if the watch was able to control the volume of music.
    Superusers
    RUNALOT wrote:
    Unfortunately not all headphones have volume control either, so it would be good if the watch was able to control the volume of music.
    Well it does not unfortunately. It requires the use of headphones that support A2DP and AVRCP, the two protocols necessary to play music. I have never seen a BT headset that doesn't have volume controls. Perhaps some single ear telephone headsets, but they are not meant to be compatible.

I imagine this is not what you were hoping to hear but let me know if this answered your question. If it did, please mark it as a solution so other can look for it if they have the same question.
  • ErratiqueErratique Posts: 4 [Master Traveler]
    RUNALOT wrote:

I also use bluetooth headphones without volume control. you can use software like mp3gain to change the volumeoutput of the mp3 itself. this is working fine for me.
  • AlezAlez Posts: 92 [Master Explorer]
    Hello, there are several compatible headphones, it is not good to use another type of headphones because they will not give you a good service. I bought Tom Tom and I'm very happy.
  • YenzWYenzW Posts: 2 [New Traveler]
    tfarabaugh wrote: »
    RUNALOT wrote:
    Well it does not unfortunately. It requires the use of headphones that support A2DP and AVRCP, the two protocols necessary to play music. I have never seen a BT headset that doesn't have volume controls. Perhaps some single ear telephone headsets, but they are not meant to be compatible.

Perhaps a usefull update in the firmware? a more engaging solution than just to say it's up to the headphones.
    btw: i recently bought a pair of Stereoboomm TWS 100, guess what: a pair of BT headphones without volume control....
    Superusers
    YenzW wrote: »
    tfarabaugh wrote: »
    RUNALOT wrote:

Perhaps a usefull update in the firmware? a more engaging solution than just to say it's up to the headphones.
    btw: i recently bought a pair of Stereoboomm TWS 100, guess what: a pair of BT headphones without volume control....

This is not going to happen since TT Sports went out of business 18 months ago and ceased all production and development. Their will be no more firmware upgrades of any kind. the only thing being updated is the Sports App and that is just to keep up with the Android versions, its functionality will not change. You should have done your research before buying the headphones, I would suggest returning them and getting compliant ones.