No Maps Go610 — TomTom Community

No Maps Go610

Hi, just switched my go 610 on and Getting message No Maps available..
Looking at my Device and I have 6474 mb free but cannot reload UK map, or Europe

please Help

Answers

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 3,220 Superuser
    edited March 10
    Hi @Sandman1970

I assume you have done an update and it has gone wrong. Have you installed a Micro SD class 10 card as the maps are much bigger now. A 16 or 32Gb card recommended.

Do a Soft reset , hold the ON?OFF button down for 20 seconds approx until you hear the Drumroll. If that does not help do a Factory Reset via Settings, System, Reset Device.

If you connect your GO610 to your PC and open MyDrive Connect when it is connected scroll down to My Maps and click on the Map Picture and uninstall it in case it is corrupted. Then then that has been done click on the Map and Install it again.

Doug
  • Sandman1970Sandman1970 Posts: 26 [Outstanding Explorer]
    edited March 10
    Wrong, I was in the car and switched the tomtom on, the information I have said above was when I connected to my drive to see what was up, I have inserted a 16gb memory card formatted by the computer with fat 32, I cannot format the card on the 610 because i cannot get past the no maps available screen. the card does not show up on my drive.
    I have tried the soft reset but still end up with the same screen.
    what if i installed a map with less mb like NZ via my drive , would this work to get me beyond the no maps screen on the device

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 3,220 Superuser
    Hi @Sandman1970

Can you restore it as follows:-

https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/1034277/how-to-recover-your-device#latest

If not then Customer Support looks like your next step.

Doug
  • Sandman1970Sandman1970 Posts: 26 [Outstanding Explorer]
    That work around seemed to have worked, installed NZ and the no maps screen closed, then I was able to format SD card and install Europe on that!! once that is installed I will remove the NZ map