Hot to complain — TomTom Community

Hot to complain

Madbadrob100Madbadrob100 Posts: 4 [Neophyte Traveler]
edited January 31 in Travel lounge
Aafter waiting 21 days for a replaement part and being told its posted weve sent a replacement to buy it you will get it quicker to now being told its out of stock wait 5 to 10 dayz more. Asked to speak to managet always in a meeting. No one tells same story want this resolving so i can get what am supposed to and what was agreed in the contract made when purchased

Comments

• VikramKVikramK Posts: 8,152 TomTom Moderator
    Hi Madbadrob100

We are moving our repair centres and there are certain challenges there.

I reviewed your case open with the customer service and I see the request to send a replacement is already placed.

We apologies for the trouble caused due to the delay but a team is already working on getting things back on track.

Thanks
    Vikram
  • Madbadrob100Madbadrob100 Posts: 4 [Neophyte Traveler]
    WWith all respect ive been told lots of different things and its not good enough. I bet if i was paying it would have been here by now. Garmin here i come
  • Paul MayhewPaul Mayhew Posts: 1 [New Seeker]
    Just updated my device. It deleted my Europe Map as well as 'My Places' and recent destinations. Replacement map too big for the device. Support persons pleasant but useless/ Now, despite 'Map for life' etc . The only map it will download is that of UK. Already installed a memory card still no good. What have I paid for??!190308-001580
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 3,181 Superuser
    edited March 9
    Hi @Paul Mayhew

When you update a map the first thing that happens is it removes the old map tp make space.

I have the GO5000 and I have a Micro SD Class 10 16GB card installed as the full European map is circa 8GB and too big or an 8GB card and the internal memory.

When you add the Card and turn the unit on it should ask you what you want to format the card for. You select Map. Is the SD card showing when you attach your TT to your computer and open MyDrive Connect. It should be visible near the top of the screen with an indication of the available space on it. If it is not showing.check that the card is fully pushed/clicked in its slot.

Tap Menu
    Tap Settings
    Tap System
    Tap Format Memory Card.

When the card I visible in MyDrive Connect thens go to My Maps and ask it to install the Europe Map.

By the way when you turn your unit on afterwards it should restore any Favourites and POI files you may have lost as they should be stored in your TT account .

Doug